Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Lightbulb Elite Tindrin Bosses Tanking

Hello,
    there is infinite discussion about proper skill build for new elites. However, there isnīt discussion how use your skills to successfully tanking the boss. I want to share few points which I see during hundreds of runs. I know that following points are known to public, but I see lots of warriors who didnīt do most of that. Please take into account that my guidances are mainly for non plat users who start with elites. I dont care about time runs and four Samaels party.
    During boss fight you have to care about your allies, not just "keep aggro"! Every boss have special red zone attacks, which can or canīt be avoided. In first case is duty of allies to run out from red zone, but good tank should be ready to action. In the second case is only tank duty to secure survive of party.
    Note
    Try to make the biggest dmg as you can and dont care about allies. You will se that if someone of rogues or mages died (and donīt use plat), boss fight is much more longer than if you pay attention on proper cover them.
    Note
    Skills on images are solo running purpose only
    Note
    Skills listed bellow are just my recommendation
    recommended skills - essential skills
    1. Drake Hatchling
    Skills: Chest Splitter – Windmill – Juggernaut – Horn of Renew
    Pet: Prance
    Boss Fight: Fight starts with killing guards. Both of them has red zone attack. If single guard use that, its not dangerous for tank, but they often use it simultaneously and that could be destructive. Hatchling is quite easy, I use 3 life elixirs during Hatchling fight and boss is all the time aggroed at me. Maybe some bug, I donīt know.
    Tips: Use survival pets because of simultaneously red zone attack. You are able to survive them with more than 2k armor and 6000 HP and little help with Juggernaut. However rogues and mages arenīt so lucky.

2. Tribal Abomination
    Skills: Chest Splitter – Windmill – Juggernaut – Horn of Renew
    Pet: Scorch (movement speed pets)
    Boss Fight: Tribal is very big, fat, slow and deadly beast. Has few types of red zones attacks and all of them can one shooted you. Same boss as troll in dead city. Use his slow movement and keep yourself behind him and avoind red zones. Tank duty is keep the boss in the middle of area, because there are falling stones that kills your allies. All allies runs around to avoid stones, your stone have to fall in the middle where are just you and boss and it donīt threaten someone else. Donīt care much about damage of stones, it isnīt dangerous for you.
    Tips: Keep your Horn of Renew ready for area red zone attack (see picture), run to the ally who is the closest to boss and cover him. I donīt use Axe Throw because I need to stay moveable.
    Name:  1.png
Views: 674
Size:  842.7 KB

Alargan
    Skills: Chest Splitter – Axe Throw – Juggernaut – Horn of Renew
    Pet: Kelvin/George
    Boss Fight: Alargan has a) tail attack (hit few times by his tail), b) red zone jump attack c) pull attack, d) enrage. Tail attack is surviveable in case when Alargan isnīt enraged. In enrage mode run around outside circle as you can see on the picture. Iam able to survive maximum of 2 tail attack in enrage, run out of range. Use Chest Splitter for face to face tanking and Axe Throw after jump attack. Use Horn of Renew only to avoind pull attack.
    Name:  3.png
Views: 765
Size:  635.9 KB

Tips: The most important thing there is to wait patiently on pull attack and use charged Horn of Renew or stun pet like Kelvin with 15s CD or George with 25?s. Sometimes boss use pull attack imediatelly after jump, in that case use Horn of Renew, because pet is not able to come to the boss in time. You are able to secure pull attacks alone, all party members can use pets for better dmg.
    Name:  2.png
Views: 592
Size:  638.2 KB

Arachna
    Skills: Chest Splitter – Axe ThrowJuggernautHorn of Renew
    Pet: Scorch
    Boss Fight: Lots of poison pools and cocons. Arachna have two kind of red zone attack. Longer attack (first picture) which isnīt deadly and short range (second image). That short range attack is really deadly and if you survive you will be hit by normal attack in one milisecond. With Juggernat or Scorch bubble you are able to survive it.
    Tips: Save your Scorch arcane abillity for case when you are in cocon and Arachna use short range attack, I often survive. When someone from party is in cocon run to him, cover him with charget Horn of Renew, go as far as possible of him and taunt Arachna with Axe Throw. This tactic work really fine.
    Name:  4.png
Views: 634
Size:  562.2 KB
    Name:  5.png
Views: 679
Size:  564.4 KB

Lord Rendtail
    Skills: Patience – Nerves of Steel – Coffee – Horn of Renew
    Pet: Ribbit
    Boss Fight: Wait for mobs from eggs, its just trash tanking.

I hope it helps somebody.

See you in elites!
    Last edited by Jirikjurasek; 06-17-2014 at 12:23 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jirikjurasek For This Useful Post: