Thread: My overall thoughts on AL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default My overall thoughts on AL

So I've been playing AL since season one and I've had a few accounts (Merkage, Merrrrrrrked, Raw, Sofakingg, Divinecrit) and I've seen AL evolve season to season to what it is today.

When I started playing what captured my attention were the numerous maps that I could explore, and the fact that my pve adventures lead to gold which lead to me fully maxing my LVL 16 Mage after a month of work. Plat was a thing but it didn't buy much in game money...

Fast forward to season 6 and it's obvious that this is not the case at all. PVP and plat heavy items have soured the game and a sizeable portion of the communities behavior. What was once a friendly f2p game has become a crude p2p game where the worst of players comes out in pvp. I've heard the most ridiculous/rude/immature/outrageous things being said in PVP (many directly to me), and that's not OK. When I go into a match, if I'm not in one of the larger guilds I'm usually spawn ganged and called names. What impression is that going to make on a new player who downloads AL and walks into PVP? If I were them if quit the game right then...

I personally do not enjoy AL as much as I used to and have had to distance myself from the game a lot in the last few weeks.
    Also, In PVP itself I find it very unsettling that an item such as the arcane ring holds a price tag over the maximum amount of gold possible, which allows players to be very OP. I've worked hard to save up around 40 million and I'm not even half way to a ring. I'd have to spend at least a hundred more hours merching just to get close to that item without spending plat. In season 1 the mighty flamestrike staff took me about a month of fun pve elite runs at brackenridge to get. Now I'd have to unload thousands of plat to get the arcane ring. The comparison is relevant and it exemplifies the drastic differences in what it takes to achieve the best item in the game...

I'm not here to complain but rather to share my frustrations and hope that others feel the same way about how the game has evolved, and if there is anything that we can do to change this, or is AL simply a game that's approaching extinction?

I personally have found myself playing much less, and will probably continue to do so unless the culture and p2p nature of the game is not addressed.

Sorry for the rant, and please feel free to address anything I've mentioned or even suggest solutions to reviving AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by raw; 06-19-2014 at 01:17 AM. Reason: typos

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post: