I was wondering if anyone else picked up the recently released MHFU for iOS?

I'm only a couple of hours in, so I'm still a total noob. It would be nice to know if there's anyone who I might be able to team up with, once I've progressed far enough through the single player part.

For the people who never heard of Monster Hunter, it's kind of an action/adventure/rpg kind of game. It has a ton of intelligent (huge) boss fights, endless weapons/armor/potions/tools combo's, is ridiculously big and can be both played solo or online via WiFi.

Graphics look amazing and touch controls are very refined too. Some bosses (especially later on) are huge and all require at least some tactic and/or preparation.

The price is pretty steep, but in exchange you get a truly complete game where everything can, and has to be, earned and can't be bought for real cash. In fact, the game is completely void of in-app purchases! Out of the box you literally get 1000's of weapons/armor and 100's hours of gameplay.

The game is nothing like Arcane Legends, especially the social part. This game is mainly an offline game but can be enjoyed with people online too (through a lobby). The team-chat function works awkwardly and you can't chat during fights. Once you get a team together however, it is a ton of fun (you can actually hit each other lol).

So yeah, if you haven't noticed already, I'm hooked. It's definitely a different genre as compared to AL but might be worth a look