Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A couple ideas to improve 2 aspects of the game known to be lacking.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts

Default A couple ideas to improve 2 aspects of the game known to be lacking.

1) Leaderboard system-

Currently the reward for the leaderboards are bragging rights and a silly banner with a new color each season. I like the way the lb was rewarded during the event, however it could be changed. I think there should be more leaderboard categories. My favorite idea being "ELITE BOSSES KILLED". Only cap level bosses would count, meaning only nordr through tindirin would count atm. ARENA WOULD NEVER COUNT. The rewards would be something like follows;

1-25 all get banner.
    1-5 get banner+a unique, useful, but NOT OP pet egg, which would be rewarded elsewhere also, so it is either a decent pet for you to open, or a decent(not 150m) chunk of gold. I think each lb should have a pet egg that helps them at their specialty. For example, this pet could be one especially useful in boss kills, having a stun that is maybe 75% to bosses(not working in pvp), great primary stat buff, and decent crit. A pet rewarded for pve kills could possibly do double damage to mobs in pve from its passive attackes
    6-15 get a currently existing item that is decent but not op, or maybe something discontinued that would be useful, and wont huet economy too bad. I.e. L41 myth weapons.
    16-25 just get banner.

This would not be the only lb section with rewards, nor the only one added. For example, I would love a "Most Elite Tindirin Completed" lb. When this season ends, it could become Most ________ Completed for new expansion. With accompanying rewards

To recap THE REWARDS SHOULD NOT BE GAINED ONLY FROM LB. THEY SHOULD BE SOMETHING USEFUL TO THE PLAYERS WHO WON THE LB, OR THEY COULD BE SOLD FOR A DECENT, NOT 50m+ CHUNK OF GOLD.

2) Achievements; following numbers are best of my knowledge. It still applies that A TON of top players are inactive.

Currently the number 1, 6, 12, 16, 17, 18, 21 and 23 rogues, are all inactive. The number 6, 8, 13, 17, and 25 sorcerers are all inactive. The number 2, 4, 7, 12, 17, 23 warriors are all inactive. Thats roughly 19 players who are inactive, but the ach system is so dead, they continue to remain top. The solution is their needs to be a ton more achievements, all which require grinding in elite, because currently, you dont have to playeach elite map more than once to make top board. Ive had 5+ 'Top Players' acquire help from me regarding the elite egg cracking ap, because theycouldnt figure out how to complete themselves. Thats a bit of a joke. What I suggest is something like the way pvp aps are, repetitive, but would require people to become good at certain elite maps and run them alot.

The idea of top player is the best overall player in each class. Right now, the lb is absolutely not effective in showing that. I think APs such as...complete every elite map at least 5 times, should be added. Or complete certain maps in X amount of time. (Time would have to change if youre a warrior).

Any feedback greatly appreciated. I hope stg looks at this and really thinks about it. This would give them plenty pf plat sales while keeping everyone busy.

Sig creds: Beelzzebob
    Igns: Warriorname, Azepeiete, Sorcerername.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Azepeiete For This Useful Post: