Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Let's Talk About Class Balance!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Mages :

-add stun immunity to shield instead of knockback
    -increase damage done to warriors(only warriors) by 15%(do people think this is a good amount?)

Rogues

-apply 20% damage reduction in TDM
    -apply pet damage % increase in CTF

Warriors
    -no changes needed

I don't think any other changes are required. We could tweak the skills of all classes but it just opens the door for more issues. As we have seen in the past adding anything to any item or skill can have serious implications(Bulwark anyone?). Mages shield could be something that if changed could help but would it upset the current balance between rogues and mages?

I saw Zeus recommend some changes, and I know he is a strong proponent of buffing mages which I am glad to see. I also see quite a bit of support for his comment but I can't agree to any survivability buff to warriors. His other recommendations are solid but mages will still have a hard time killing warriors, give them any buff(even minor) and it's impossible. Also without some sort of increase to our damage against warriors we are in the same boat. We don't want to create any situations where the mage and warrior fight doesn't end or it required one of the toons to be OOM for the other to win.

If there is a current unbalance between rogues and warriors maybe make jugg prevent the crit stacking effect of aimed? I thought this match up was currently fairly equal but I am not totally sure on this. If you give any sort of improvement to warriors or rogues that affects the match up vs mages then we are in the same boat we are currently.

There is also a bit of an issue with clashes. The team with the most warriors on it usually wins(given equal skill and gear). HoR is a life saver and with 2 or 3 warriors blasting this off you almost can't die(even as a mage). Maybe something similar to stun immunity needs to be added to the effect of HoR? A 4 second duration from the end of HoR until you can receive the buff again? Not sure how long it should be but this could help clashes.
    Last edited by Bigboyblue; 09-26-2014 at 07:36 AM.