Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Default To STS: regarding the planar arena.

Dear STS,

For the past week, I have been running arena for times / entertainment, and saving the chests dropped at the end of each completed run. I just opened them all at once and would like to share the results.

Out of 30 elite arena chests, the loot was as follows:

56 epic items
    2 planar rogue helms (with 31 and 43 less damage than level 36 mythics)
    1 architect item worth 40k.
    1 architect item worth 5k.

Even with the optimistic view that anyone will actually buy the 2 rogue items, the maximum earnable by these 4 legendary items is 150k.

Costs to get each chest:
    Each arena run with 4 bosses uses an average of 4k worth of potions for a rogue, depending on their gear and how strong the party is. This is more for mages and possibly less for warriors, so I will use it as an average.

Unless you're doing pure runs, even with the best team you'll use a minimum of 2 ankhs (usually closer to 5 even with maxed gear). This can escalate extremely fast if you get caught in a ferrix poison death loop, or bloodhammer decides you're his new fave punching bag. I've used up to 15 ankhs on a single run with arcane ring and sam.

25 ankhs currently costs close to 75k in the CS.

So at minimum, we are looking at 10k spent for each 4-boss run for a top geared player. For anyone without top gear or with a lesser geared team, this number is increased.

Calculated average
    For 30 runs, the numbers above work out to 300k spent, for loot that will bring in an absolute maximum of 150k, minus listing fees.

This kind of severe lack of quality in loot and item stats is what is making the game fail and forcing players to look for other entertainment options. We are wearing the same gear we got a year and a half ago, and the best and newest items to farm are over 30 damage lower in stats!!! Why even bother releasing this stuff? No offense, but it is utterly useless.

Request
    Please give us something to farm for that will be better than the old mythics. Please give us something that will make it worth our while to play for. Time is money, and spending twice as much as you can possibly make back is NOT anyone's idea of a good time.

Games are supposed to be fun and rewarding. I don't mind putting out the effort and gold (and yes, even plat) if there is a reasonable chance I will earn my gold back, and maybe even profit or (better yet) get something one of my characters can actually use. But the way it is now? This is not fun, STS. Please make the game worth playing, for everyone's sake.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Serancha; 10-11-2014 at 12:30 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following 30 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post: