Thread: Online Broadcasting - Creating a Stronger Community for STS Games/Generating Interest

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Default Online Broadcasting - Creating a Stronger Community for STS Games/Generating Interest

**This is the PM I sent to JustG and Samhayne**

I'm not sure if you already heard about this popular website and mobile app known as "Twitch" : http://www.twitch.tv/directory
    It's a website that allows players (of almost any game) to do live broadcasts of their game for viewers to watch, and discuss.

Recently, Twitch started working with developers of mobile apps/games. The first company they directed their attention to was Gameloft - more specifically, Order and Chaos Online. When you open up the main menu of the game, there is a tab that lets you (assuming you have already created a twitch account and you are already logged in) start a "live broadcast" almost instantaneously. The broadcast is put directly on the mobile app and website for viewers to watch.

What's neat is how popular this website has become. I came across a World of Warcraft channel that was hosting a world-series championship tournament - it generated 80k+ viewers!

What I'm proposing (or just suggesting) is that Spacetime Studios should contact Twitch and allow all of their games to be able to do automatic, live broadcasts straight from their phones. It uses the Camera on the broadcaster's device to show someone's face in a small screen (which is optional, you can have just the audio if you prefer), and then shows the gameplay happening at that exact moment. It could potentially bring the community together and even gain more interest from players that aren't aware of your games.

I'm more biased to Pocket Legends - but I could definitely see this being extremely popular for Arcane Legends.

I believe the only way to have this system is by contacting Twitch. Imagine how cool this could be! Here's a link that shows Twitch's new movement to mobile games: http://blog.twitch.tv/2014/03/twitch...ng-experience/

I think this would be a cool step for STS. Hopefully this can be taken into consideration!

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: