Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Balance PvP!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default Balance PvP!

Rogue:
    I agree with the 20% damage reduction in PvP maps, the developers were right to nerf rogue's damage. If you guys remember the time when they introduced the show-able damage increase from pets; rogues were virtually unstoppable.

Problem:
    Unlike warrior or sorcerer, rogues do not have a mana regen ability - this greatly decreases a rogue's survivability. I know EVERYONE will agree with me once your mana has run out; you cannot do anything on a rogue except run away, trullicide or rely on sorcerer or warrior's ability (vengeful blood or heal with empower). To combat this rogues should have the ability to regen mana.

Solution:
    1)Make the skill Good Medicine regen mana INSTEAD of health at the same speed. The reason why you cannot have both is because that would be too great of an advantage for rogue, making them too op. OR an alternative is making the skills cost less mana.

2) Replace the skill trauma surgeon (upon charged cast will provide self heal for caster) with a small but sufficient mana burst. Much like glacien AA but a tad better.

Sorcerer:
    I realise the developers are going to create a buff for sorcerers in 2015, I am so excited for it and I wish to put forward some ideas.

1. Mage's are always complaining they are squishy, even with the recent buff of the arcane shield.
    Solution:
    Replace the displacement wave skill of arcane shield [When casting charged arcane shield enemies will be knocked away] (it is practically redundant in PvP as well as PvE), this is due to the 2 second invulnerability of a charged arcane shield, the 2 seconds allows the sorcerer to run to safety anyway. Instead of that replace it with a 15 second armour buff of 25% on charged cast.

2. The most apparent way to get a kill as a sorcerer is getting a lucky critical upon using your lightening strike. This will make PvP experience for sorcerers more skill based and fun; not luck.
    Solution:
    Half the amount of crit you get from dexterity and put it into int, these points should go towards raising critical bonus as well as mana (this is fairly self explanatory).
    HOWEVER:
    To make this balanced you would have to decrease the 250% bonus damage on critical lightening strike by a bit.

3. Increase the range on normal uncharged curse 6m.

4. Decrease the cool down time on the arcane shield.

5. For twinks the choice of item is fairly straight forward, expedition rifles are the go to weapon for low level sorcerers, please create variation.
    Introduction of a gun with similar power as the expedition gun range, but make the ability: chance to cast an arcane proc OR increase critical for a certain period of time OR raise the primary stat of it. (like gloom hunter bows).

Warrior IMO for twink PvP is fairly balanced and perfect as it is. I am not sure about endgame because I don't have a char over l22.
    HOWEVER, rogue and sorcerer is weak in comparison. I do not have a PvP warrior atm, I will make one in the near future and feedback after.

From experience as a L20 mage/sorcerer I can now create an opinion on warriors at the bracket 18-22. I have come up with an improvement for warriors.
    I was a max int sorcerer with best gear for my level and 1 para gem, I used blinky as a pet and had a full damage skill build (fire frost light shield and heal). I won't go into depth of how I did it, it was so complicated and I had to put my full attention if I wanted to kill a warrior. I was able to kill most L20-21 warriors and the occasional l22 warrior. The only way possible was to kite the warriors. If you guys have played pocket legends before you know what I mean.

Anywho...
    Warriors could do with some sort of snare? Not for too long but enough to get in a combo maybe like a 1.5 second snare. Of course these snares could not be in quick succession of each other so make a 7 second invulnerability to get snared again from the previous one.

Solution:
    Make an ability to snare on the skill chest splitter. Why chest splitter? The warriors have to still work to snare them if you put it on skyward smash or axe throw it will be too easy to snare the opponent.

BTW
    Snare is not the same as stun. The opponent can still do their skills, they just are not able to move.

That is all I have come up with so far, will add to it if necessary please leave feedback.
    Last edited by EQT; 12-25-2014 at 06:52 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EQT For This Useful Post: