Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
But the lower crit on mage gear and lower damage on all the mage&rogue helms are still unacceptable.
Actually, for the mage gear I think that the crit is fine, but the damage and base stats should be higher. Keep in mind you have to compare apples to apples. Don't compare the brutality version of the new armor to the force version of the old armor. The differences between the different versions of each are pretty consistent throughout all of the gear in AL. Brutality is going to have higher damage and lower crit, while force is going to have higher crit and lower damage. Complaining about that would be like complaining that your Elondrian gun (which is an "of brutality" weapon) has lower crit than your old level 31 Runic gun (which was an "of force" weapon). Each version is a compromise in some stat area, and this allows for the differences in each player's build. I like having the different versions now, as with the previous mythic armor and helm, everyone had the same exact helm and armor.

Now if you compare the sorcerer "of force" version of the new inbued armor to the level 36 mythic "of force" armor, what you find is an increase in crit and armor, but the damage is the same, and the base stats are actually slightly lower.

What I really think they should do is increase the stats of the "dark crystal" helms and armors slightly so that they are better than the best level 41 legendary armors and helms (better than the necro/hellish/ancient druid), and then change the crafted imbued armor to be mythic rarity and make the stats slightly better. Considering the rarity and difficulty of crafting this armor and helm (300 fragments required for both), I think it is worthy of being a mythic item.