Thread: What is your Opinion on Power leveling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I have no problems with powerleveling per se.

I have a problem with lowbies who come into high level maps. They can powerlevel in more appropriate level maps. There's no advantage PL'ing in Fathom vs Ao3, but of course, these people don't know that and would prefer to stand behind some level 50s rather than more appropriate level people. Hell, they won't even get their friends to powerlevel them in level appropriate maps...

I have a problem with high levels who do not know anything about their character: they don't know skills, strategy, have no gold because they never spent the time to farm anything, don't know what farming is, don't know how to group, have no friends because they never played, have no equips because they never played.

I have a problem with high levels who do not know anything about the game: they do not know where the store is, what farming is, what the swamps is, what Ao2 is, what plasma is, what portals are, how to walk between towns, what towns are, how to join games, how to host games, how to group, how to run groups, how to BE in a group, and on and on.

I would really love to see a -3/+3 level restriction on areas.

In the meantime, I starting a very long ignore list of level 40s+ who beg. I thought just leaving their games, etc would work, but all their whining is really annoying. I might add in those high levels who die in Balefort or Fathom dungeons. Umm....the level 21 and level 19 did not understand that AT ALL! And no, he was not AFK. He came in, ran after us through a populated corridor and died! Then he left. Maybe he was seeing how low he could go to die :P Just a recent example of an epidemic.

Oh yeah, he asked for rev first. My friend the mage made him wait and told him to not die. LOL.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 02-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Star light, star bright...