View Poll Results: Should mage Freeze skill be given back in pvp?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

50 70.42%
  • No

21 29.58%

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: If Freeze is allowed in pvp now..Give Sorcerers their Freeze skill back in PVP

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    Change is a must, sts bring new gear and pet to make this game still fun. The point is we can buy that pet or farm tombs to get one, so if hard to fight team with 3-4 breeze u should find team like that too, all ppl can get that pet. Its not like sns with his op pool and not all ppl can have that pet. I just dont understand with ppl who always cry in pvp, if they bring arcane pet so we bring arcane too, if they have breeze we should have breeze too. So simple.
    THIS is not the point being made. BREEZE pet has made pvp ridiculous.

Example: Clashes/GW's usually last 20secs-60secs for complete defeat depending on team setup. Now enter players with 2 Breeze pets on one team. (Breeze's passive can Freeze for say 4-6secs -ok not so bad- but right after you unfreeze, the player with breeze use's its AA freeze ability which is another 6secs, NOW HERE'S the kicker, the 2nd Breeze users pet is still attacking and then its passive freeze lands. 4-6secs running total of possible time stunned/frozen 12secs-18secs... and now the 2nd Breeze user fires off his pets AA. Possible time a team can be frozen unable to Attk/Heal/Shield can range from min. 22secs - rough max 24secs (maybe not exact times but very close). <---Even though no 1 is usually alive after around the 20sec or so mark.

In a clash that (i was being gracious with 20secs) can last as little as 20 secs being completely frozen for that entire time is RIDICULOUS. Even if an arcane pet had this type of ability it would still be a bit much. Fought in a 2v2 yesterday with 2breeze users, was Frozen a total of 10secs watching my toon get beat on. (prolly would of lasted longer if i hadn't of been dropped while 2warriors used skills on me)

PvP for those that take it serious, compete in tournaments, Guild wars with rival guilds, USED to be about --PvP Tactics and above all PvP Skill of the player/guild-- Example, Karma in this past tournament showed the best tactics/skill. NOT they used 3 breezes and froze everyone each match, for what is really an Unrecoverable amount of time for many pvp teams/players to defend against. IMO Breeze takes VERY LITTLE skill/pvp talent to use (just tapping you pet AA button can equal a 90% win chance) & gives the user a Huge one sided advantage.

The new thing in guild wars, 1v1, Tdm, Ctf is: How many breeze pets do We/They have?

Thats what makes the pets abilities Ridiculous. Going breeze vs breeze doesn't help really, because -----PVP SKILL----- will be eliminated and it will boil down to how many freeze's a players team has. We can literally go in with blue/green armors and freeze you to victory.
    Last edited by HotttSauce; 12-26-2014 at 03:51 AM.