Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Retiring from PvP today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Default Retiring from PvP today

Hi Arcane Legends players,

The reason I'm posting this is not merely because I am quitting PvP, but because I want to express why I am doing so.

Just some background...

I'm a S1 player (shout out Rage of Mages!) and started pvp on my twink Merrrrrrrked (now known as raw) during S2, and haven't stopped since. But what I've seen as a really fun way to pass the time, has turned into something completely different. The lack of regulation in pvp (trash talking with no consequence) and lack of attention from STG (same CTF map for two years, breeze not being fixed for weeks, etc.) has allowed pvp to go from being that place people can go for fun, to a place where only the best geared players stand a chance, Ultimately those who aren't in a strong guild are inevitably going to get ganged/spawned/trashed/booted from rooms.

I love PvPing for the strategy, the teamwork, the kills, but what I hate is the trashing/unfair fights. PvP has a way of changing people, including myself, and making us say things that we would never say face to face. I'm at the point now where me going into a PvP match isn't for fun, it's just because other players call me, challenge me, or I need to get kills for the LB. Usually, I end up either getting annoyed at all the things people are saying towards me, or I end up saying things back to them that I shouldn't.

I hope one day that PvP is restored to its glory days where skill > gear.
    I also hope that STG pays an ounce of attention to kill farmers that run rampant across the leaderboard (they deleted the kill farming sticky thread)
    I also really hope that players realize that this is a GAME, not World War 2.

I apologize to anyone that I've negatively impacted, and wish you all the best of luck in your PvP endeavors!
    If you want me come find me in PvE!

Now my questions to anyone reading are...

- Do you PvP, and if so have you experienced what I am talking about and how has that impacted your Arcane Legends experience?
    - How can we as a community fix the negativity (trashing, unfair fighting, guild drama, etc) that exists in PvP, while still keeping it competitive and fun for as many players as possible?
    - What would you like see from STG do to fix PvP? (keeping in mind that unless it makes money they will probably not do it- ie. not be building a new map, or inventing a new pvp system)
    Last edited by raw; 12-30-2014 at 12:13 AM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post: