Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Retiring from PvP today

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The problem is that recipes, chests and helms/armors simply aren't dropping at a reasonable rate.

I have completed literally hundreds of arena runs since the drop rate "buff" and haven't even seen a recipe drop.

I have also completed hundreds of tomb runs, and looted exactly zero rods or knives, and only two or three chests.

With the drop rate of helms/armors out of chests being so absurdly low, on top of a very low drop rate of the chests themselves, it is no wonder why these imbued items (even the less desirable models) are going for tens of millions per set.

And, a recipe from arena being valued at 17-20m should be all the sign anyone needs to see to realize the drop rate is too low. I'm not sure why the recipe drop rate is so low, since the crafted amulet is bound to the toon, but if after hundreds of runs (well over 500 since the new arena dropped) where I still haven't seen a recipe, or a fossil.....well, I just think this is abusive.

I like high valued items, and I like having to earn it, but at some point, there has to be better incentive to run. I liquidated hundreds of architect, noble and shade pinks, opened hundreds upon hundreds of arena chests and received a handful of planar items, worth in total, perhaps 300k. That doesn't even cover the pots wasted there, let alone the ankhs and elixirs.

Think of it this way, if you have a 1% chance to loot a planar chest, and inside the chest is a (and let's be generous here) 1% chance to get a craftable helm/armor, you are looking at a 0.01% chance per tomb run of getting something worthwhile. To make matters worse, you have luck elixirs/lep amulets rerolling you out of planar chests and into locked crates -.-

Yeah.....
    I couldnt agree more with your post.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 01-06-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Less drama