Thread: The addiction!!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Default The addiction!!!!

So, I have been trying to "quit" playing PL but it just not happening (one can argue it's good or bad), but this game is so darn addictive. I began to analyze why this is so. I am sure many of my fellow forumers feel the same.

1. PvP- I mean come on, getting kills and then boasting your KDR is certainly rewarding. Plus, games are often very interesting, especially if played in CTF. (You guys remember the good 'ol Castle Keep Away times. Gawsh that was SO much fun with 10 people. So chaotic with mini skirmishes all over the map. Forest Fight is also extremely fun with RUSHING!!!! Hiding behind trees, and learn "how to tree." So many people rage when they see you "shoot through the tree." But once again, there is an enhanced version of Forest Fight- MUD MASH (I think this is the name of the map--It's the one that is Ancient Swamp themed.) This map is the epitome of FFA. Everyone joins knowing that it's an FFA atmosphere without this whole "go" nonsense.

2. Yo Fwends/Guidies- I feel like when I chill with my friends ig, it is like they are right next to me socializing. And honestly, if you meet the right people, you can trust them with anything. Ice, a great friend of mine, has borrowed my savage set MULTIPLE of times when it was worth 5 mil +. I was not an ounce scared. That is true friendship. Guilds-- Hmm. these things often cause a lot of distress with this guild war and everything. We trash Family and blah blah. But people are still nice. For example, Quantionus commented my thread about bears/foxes without being rude. Guild wars are nothing besides claiming which is superior.
    At the end of the day, it's a place to chill and talk with your friends (Reason why I left RM--No fwends to talk to )

3. Relief/Satisfaction- Knowing you can kill someone gives you some satisfaction to come back the next day and try again. This is more of a psychological thing. If you constantly get beat, teamed, spawned, or killed, you really have a lower interest in the game. (Me right now in League of Legends lol) Relief- another psychological thing. RL is tough, school, family problems, work, and etc. PL is so relaxing even though you are spamming buttons like there is no tomorrow lol.

4. PvE- No comment. I hate it, but for others, it is SO MUCH FUN. Such masochists

JK I understand, SOMEWHAT, of why people would like PvE.

Do you guys feel me? Empathy?
    Last edited by Sheugokin; 01-11-2015 at 07:28 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sheugokin For This Useful Post: