Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvE Boosting (among other things)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Exclamation PvE Boosting (among other things)

So the reason for this post is to bring up two points.

1. PvE Boosting and the prevalence of it (as well as the prevalence of botting around AL)
    2. The excessive censorship on the forums (which is highly ironic because there is literally none in game)

PvE boosting per Leoakre's now deleted thread, 'Easy PvE Boosting up the LB...No Gold Needed.' has been a huge issue for Arcane Legends for quite some time now. I'm bringing this issue back up because I can feel the frustration from so many players (who I know legitimately work hard to get on the PvE and Overall leaderboards). The reason for Leo's post is primarily because there is a player who has been botting non-stop and has gotten over 500K kills in the past few weeks and has taken her rightfully earned spot.

As a person who once got pushed off the leaderboard for CTF kills in s4 because of people who were exploiting macros to farm thousands of pvp kills, I can really relate to this. I cannot imagine how hard it is to farm ONE MILLION kills. Good lord that's dedication. But to know that after all of those hours, potions, mind-numbing wt4/kt4, that someone who simply programmed a macro can take over your spot while they sleep is extremely unjust. It irks me so much that if I were them I would've quit the game a long time ago.

The point being... why has this issue not been addressed when it's been blatantly in our faces for years now. Also, why was Leoakre's post deleted? When there are fundamental aspects of the game that are being exploited, why does it take such a long time to get fixed? I realize that these things aren't that easy, but if STG wants to continue to have a successful Mobile MMORPG, then they need to prioritize these things. Plat farming is a prime example of this. NativeX pays STG per app download, which is why they give us platinum. Here is a quote from NativeX's website:

"The average revenue per download (ARPD) of the top 250 apps released since January 2012 is $0.99 in the U.S"

Knowing this, and knowing that some players downloaded the same app thousands of times (via plat farming), STG was probably making quite a fortune. There is absolutely no way that they didn't realize this was happening, and if they actually didn't... then that begs the following questions:

Why is there such a huge gap between STG and it's players, and why do they depend on the Forums to get the information they need?
    Is it because they are more focused on bringing revenue driving updates instead of fixing issues that won't bring them any more money? Do they need to have a group of players who test content (like how Madnex does), or are they just understaffed and overwhelmed?

I'm assuming that this thread is going to be deleted, and that I'm going to get either banned, or receive some sort of warning. But I value transparency and standing up for what I believe in, as many of you who have met me in game have probably experienced. Just FYI, the last two threads which I have been a part of (Leoakre's PvE Boosting thread, and Conradev's Avshovv vs Avshow thread) were both deleted by moderators.

I hope this hasn't come off as a "cry thread." I frankly am just really frustrated that these issues haven't been resolved, and that these hard working players are getting knocked down by botters who literally don't have any fear of being banned. Moving forward from this, what is your take on this information I've presented, and do you think that there are things that STG can do at this point to improve some of the fundamental issues in the game? Why do you think these issues have been ignored? PLEASE KEEP THIS CONSTRUCTIVE, BASED ON FACTS, AND DO NOT NAME DROP.

Thanks for your time.

p.s. I'm posting this because I care about Arcane Legends, and I want these issues to be clarified by a moderator, and hopefully resolved. If this gets deleted that I'll know for sure that my assumptions were correct and that my time with this game will be coming to an end sooner than I anticipated.
    Last edited by raw; 02-14-2015 at 08:54 PM.

2. The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to raw For This Useful Post: