Thread: Brain Storm

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Lightbulb Brain Storm

Why not let the players make the vanities and possibly even maps? Before you call me a moron, hear me out.

Let forumers of the level of forum adept+ (or senior member+) design vanities and other stuff (not items) for the game? basically forumers could every 2 months, release a vanity item that he/she designed and put it on the forums, they would add the platinum cost of course. It would then be voted on by junior members and up(?) and if the votes on "yes" didn't considerably outweigh the "no's", the idea would be discarded and the player would have to wait another 2 months to release another item for consideration. If, however the forumer's vanity kept continually getting out voted, he/she would lose their privilege of releasing vanities for consideration. This would be so that the section would be far from getting clogged up, and make forumers make sure to work hard on their ideas before release. If the vanity was outweighed by the "yes's", a dev could take that item and release it in game.

Why, you may ask? because, I think this would give reason for players to buy platinum (giving money to STS) and yet it would be the players doing the work. For those who doubt whether this would be a success or not, look at games like TF2, it's free, and the game makers don't do much, besides keeping the servers up and fixing occasionally bugs, and yet they rake in a lot of money because they allow the players to make the stuff.

I honestly think this would keep PL healthy for a long time, STS would get money, while the players would be happy. I understand STS would indeed have to set up another forum section, and possibly even make a type of vanity editor(?)..But I think it'd be worth it, seeing as once you're done, you can rake in the dough and yet be able to work on your other games.

To the players reading this, please let me know if you spotted any mistakes in this idea, and hopefully I'll be able to fix it. Because I know there's gonna be some problem ^ up there

Sincerely,
    Eternalord
    Last edited by ToastyLord; 02-18-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Lord of all Toast
    Toastylord - main
    Eternalord - L15 bear|Eternaltoast - L15 mage

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ToastyLord For This Useful Post: