Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About Remien's last weekly update

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Default About Remien's last weekly update

I'm here to share my thoughts on the latest week announcement. Please Dev/Mods, if you are reading this thread, don't delete it again, talk with us!

First topic Id like to discuss is Skill System Revamp. But first let me tell a quick story.

As I mentioned in some threads, I work as an IT Consultant, and last year we were (still is btw) in this project that was about a Document Management System for the blueprints and management documents related with 2016 Olympics. By February 2014 we had in production what we thought was a good system. People were using it, we were having a lot of uploads but we lacked something and that was listening more to the client. We were starting to see some limitations on how we catalog documents and our associated workflows due to this lack of communication and although we could let it as it was, the client was starting to lose his trust on us. By that time our contract here extended until end of December 2014. We started to having more team meetings due to the constant need of "hand" intervention in some process and went into further discussion to understand the client.
    To our surprise, what he asked involved re factoring most of the key features in our system, also we noticed how the lack of trust grew, we couldn't discuss requisites with them anymore, it was what they want and period. That shows how unhappy they were, and we never want an unhappy client, happy customer is a paying customer. So after 2 or 3 months of endless nights we did re factored the system, we migrated the data and trained the users. At the beginning was hard, hard to the point you wanted to quit, but it's march and we still have this contract so was worth it.

All this to say that right now STS - and that is my guess - is facing the same problem. Skill System is a core feature of the system and any bad measured movement here can end once for all our trust in you. Also we are at a point that we were promised some changes and you guys simply quit the challenge because it is too hard. The outcome here is no other than our trust hitting each time a new low.
    We have the need of some changes in our skill system. I'm not asking you to change everything, I don't think it is that bad, but have you heard that 20%-80% expression? Lets do the 20% necessary to make their lives 80% better? That would be as simple as adjusting a handful of skills and introducing a 5th upgrade.
    Remember, a happy customer is a paying customer, you are on the verge of launching a new game. The way things are I think it is safe to say that a lot of us wont be wiling to change due to what we think we can expect of you guys as a commitment to keep a fun and challenging game.

With that said I will move to my second point and that is Remiem's comment about the new expansion and class roles.
    That one I got to say was surprising to read, I mean they described what should be exactly the way it is right now.
    But back to the topic, having mobs that need to be parked we already have. Having mobs that will hit harder as time goes by it is just a "NO WARR" and possibly a "NO MAGE" map.
    So by this point you guys are thinking, so how the hell I can make those classes needed in a PVE map if this is not the way to go? Well, I really don't think you can achieve class balance without the following:

-Skill system changes. Yes they are outdated, rogues can mob control (traps) can debuf enemies more than any other class (15% on aimed). I mean, even some pets are more beneficial to have than a mage or a warr, specially at boss (lets not forget what breeze can do not to mention other pets)

-Gear balance. I do think warr and rogue has good gear but I think (and I might be really wrong here) that mages need some boost on that matter.

Again, with that being said I'll move to my final point, Infrastructure.
    I mean every time a test server goes live we have bad performance on game. Also, and I have stated that several times without a single mod answer, from January onward I notice more people complaining about lag issues. Which leads me to believe that you guys are conducting events/new expansion test on the Production server or at least using the same Content DB. Either that or you removed some servers to host the new game instead of acquiring new ones.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ueveotadeo For This Useful Post: