I apologize for the long thread in advance.

Over the weekend I did quite a lot of XP runs with a full team without any pots and it was incredibly boring! This particular team that I was with decided to miss out on killing Gold fever altogether and instead concentrated on fast xp runs (I’d rather we attacked gold fever for the chance of a pink).

I know that Physiologic carried out some maths on xp gained (sorry I couldn’t find it when I searched), so I wanted to include a couple of observations from my own very basic data (I was bored at the time).
XP gained following 10 runs in total (no pots) = 1084, each run lasting between 5-8 mins,
Range of XP per run = 102-111
Average XP = 108.4

Total Gold obtained after 10 runs (not including drops, just from mobs and the odd treasure chest here and there = 2317
Range per run =194-379 gold
Average gold per run = 289

This and other comments in other threads got me thinking (never a good idea):
1) The amount of gold secured is not sustainable. You wouldn’t be able to fund your pots etc. I made the same amount gold going to Forest Haven, Deli level all within a couple of minutes.

2) If you only do xp runs on Bandit hideout level (without pots) – do you actually level up any faster than you would do otherwise if you concentrated on completing quests etc in the usual fashion?

3) I’m not making any gold at Balefort sewers, even by going through the levels in order and completing quests etc. Instead I have to keep on going back to Pyramid/keeper all the time. This is very tedious and has the effect of creating a very fragmented feel to the sewer’s levels.

4) Players who are using XP pots (most players seem to be using the 6K one) will probably be consuming all their funds, meaning that they are probably missing out on some good deals at the CS. I managed to pick up some good bargains on Level 55 recipes and a good deal on a Level 55 mage helmet. If I had spent it all on pots, I may well have gotten to Level 56 quickly, but would have ended up with no gold and then have to go through more grinding - this time to get gold! I wonder whether racing to level 56 is actually really worth it? – apart from the crown of course. Are Level 56’s happy that they have reached maximum level already or do they feel a bit deflated...I wonder?

5) Since players are missing out Gold fever on xp runs; then they are not going to get any pinks at all! Even if you can’t use the item, you could still make a lot of money selling them at the moment. It’s very hard to join groups who are not doing the bandit hideout xp run. So chances of securing a pink is even less as it is at present.

So I hope that players will start completing other levels for a change – I can understand the pressure people feel at the moment as it feels like a rat race and everybody must get to Level 56 or else! I also admit that I raced to get to level 55, though I'm trying very hard to refrain from racing to Level 56 now.

Anyway, I’ve rambled on enough already! If you got to the end of this – I’d give you a reward for persistence as well! Lol