Thread: Tradeable

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Default Tradeable

I think that the fact that you can buy almost everything is ruining the experience of the game. There is nothing to earn anymore. Heck! More people buy plat then farm for their gold. I hope StS takes the right step forward to make these orcslaying and glinstone armor untradeable. We should work for it, not be able to buy it.

Of course I understand that some people will always want to be able to buy everything because they are too lazy but think about it. What is the purpose of AL? If you go all the way back to when you were a noob, then remember how much fun you had farming, making friends? For most people, that is gone now. I want you to answer this question honestly: What do you do when you decide you want to buy something? The answer for most people is....... Auction. The idea of farming and working hard for something has completely left our mind.

StS should try to make more and more things untradeable. We should work to make our armors and weapons better. If StS has trouble orienting this into the game, I would suggest making this game have a bit more crafting involved, using the useless essences and whatnot. Of course, some things have to stay tradeable like exclusive eggs and stuff but other things like exclusive legendary gear, or mythic armor should be more craft-oriented. We should also have more of a storyline to tie this together. The long and pleasing storylines ended with Bael.(lol good memories). Then it restarted with Rutger but then and after, there were less and less trailers.

Feel free to share your ideas and comments. I would love to hear them.

Edited..

To address some concerns about making gold and whatnot, step back and think about it for a minute. If everyone NEEDS to farm for their gear, pets, or other stuff, why would we need gold? The only reason AL had gold is so people have some currency to buy things if they are too lazy. Most buyers are people who are below endgame level, so they have no choice but to buy it.

That brings me to my next step, breaking the barriers that are in-game. Elite levels are only restricted to the end-game players. Why is that? We all know that Elite is supposed to be much more vigorous than normal maps, but what does this have to do with levels? StS can just adjust the hardness to every level, so everyone has an "elite" map. Then, everyone can farm everything... reducing the need for large amounts of gold.

Then, when the economy is stabilizing with very small amounts of items in auction, StS should bring the new things into game. The prices would stabilize, and it would be cheap too! Many people would be able to buy it and you have the option to farm for it. The things that are tradeable will decrease in value, therefore eliminating the reason to buy it.

Hope this clarifies.

P.S.- to also add, StS cannot bring this change to the game suddenly as that would mean redesigning the whole game platform. I suggest they slowly start involving these into the game.
    Last edited by CouchPass; 05-02-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: For more information

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CouchPass For This Useful Post: