Thread: character balance ( MAGEs)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    This thread cracks me up. Not the OP, but the comments that think mages have it as good as rogues.

I have a 41 mage that is completely maxed. There is not a better weapon, amulet, armor, helm or pets that I can buy. I have 3 para gems, 7 eyes and 3 perfect glacial gems. I have nearly 900 damage. Yet, out of my 400 friends, nobody was spamming me to join them on Arena runs. I struggled with this the entire weekend. I had to get proactive and make some PTs but it was challenging because those rogues and I both knew they can do it more efficiently without me in the room.

So, I decided to make a small investment into my rogue. No where near maxed. My rogue has only 600 damage compared to almost 900 on mage. I have only 50 friends on that toon, compared to 400. Within 2 minutes of my logging on, I must have gotten 10 people sending pm's like, "Arena?" Every time I play rogue, I get non stop pt requests from other rogues.

This isn't about a nerf / buff. You guys need to be realistic and acknowledge that rogues have a huge advantage in the Arena. The Arena also happens to be the place that offers the best farming and loot. So you tell me what that translates into. Richer rogues?

It's ok, when it comes time to level up to 46, and the rogues are sending me pm's to party with them, I'll stick with my mage friends so we can finish in the top 50. :P
    Its called CLASS EFFECTIVENESS!! Each class has their roles!
    So you guys want the AOE king class mage gets equally strong as rogue where it comes to killing bosses!!
    nice!
    Like I said, Mages never end asking for buffs!
    Do you see your 600 damage rogue clearing mobs as fast as your mage in mines, tombs, hauntlets?

So here we are asking sts for letting the mage, which is best class to clear pve mobs, to be equally strong as rogue in killing single enemies?
    why would people play rogues then?
    This is not asking for class balance, its asking for making a class Overpowered.

Blame sts for making every cool events only centering around Bosses. Ask sts for more crowds in maps.
    ask sts for more mage environments!!

Want to kill bosses fast? Go rogue.
    want to be crowd controller? Go mage.

Mages do get parties aswel.
    I guess you, a maxed out mage have friendship with mostly maxed out people?
    take a look to the middle class people (ppl will 550-750 dmg ranges).
    They will love to have a 900 damage mages in their PT. You just have to lower your standards while looking for a pt.

If theres a class which needs pve boost, is only warrior!!