Thread: Events popularity??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Default Events popularity??

I have always wondered why events have made me and most others play near 3 times the amount they normally do.
    The conclusion I usually come up with is the gold that you can make in these events or the items however the goblin event got me thinking otherwise.

I found about 50 players that I have never seen in my friends list and guild ask me for a portal run.
    Most of these players didn't get nightshade nor did they attempt to so i wondered why they were playing? The gold from the hoarded chests is surely not enough to all of a sudden go online and play quite actively.

On a slightly related but seemingly unrelated note I am going to high school and was debating is it time to retire from playing video games.(high school people pls gimme advice!!). I was not going to delete my account after all the work I put into it but was thinking of only picking up the game once a month or during holidays. Then i got to thinking, if I was able to have 10 minutes of gaming time a day, would I still play arcane legends? The simple answer was no and has led me to wondering if I should quit AL right here and move to CoC?

^^ That is where I found my answer. I believe that the popularity from events isn't just the reward, but the time that is spent in the maps. You can spend 15 CASUAL minutes and walk away with 30+ tokens almost guaranteed with legendary equips!! These same legendary players would spend 15 minutes or more in planar tomb 1 and most likely walk away with 1 fragment.

I hope devs learn from this and apply a similar concept in regular maps.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post: