Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
Awesome guide!

Now come to think of it, the mastermind bracer is a pretty good combo with the rest of the mega mage stuff. +6% crit is very nice. (I have the level 55 mega mage gemstone wand, cowl, and robes, but not the bracer.) At least until I get a bracer - then I'm going to run a few tests myself.

Edit: After testing lowmans, mastermind, and my current creepy doll, I'm not sure which bracer to use for now.
The bracer is best served mega mage, if price is not a factor. But even when price is not a factor the wand or the cowl, however,
can be scubber or scraper which offer significant damage boosts over mega mage counterparts.

The mastermind suffers from lacking damage bonus. Granted you get more damage on average from the +6crit than you do with +10dmg,
but with a scrubber you get the +10dmg and still get +6% crits. (and ofcourse, while doing so, your armor suffers, but to say that all mega mage
is max damage gear is just rubbish. e.g. trading 6 armor and some of over 40m/s into 4%hit and 6% crit can be well justified and at least offers
a finer granularity than mere wand/staff choice does)
(same goes for staffing. scrubber staff kicks butt harder than mega mage does, there's no denying in that. mega mage staff is a step away from max damage to the security of it's armor)

Mega mage itself is in a sense a compromise set, a good one for sure. Unbuffed armor of 133 on a pure int mage is indeed uncanny.