Thread: Concern about "Auto-Leveling" - AL has a new definition.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Concern about "Auto-Leveling" - AL has a new definition.

RPG: Role Playing Game: A game where a player controls the actions of a main character immersed in some well-defined world... developed story-telling and narrative elements, player character development, complexity, as well as replayability and immersion.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Role-playing_video_game

This thread is focusing on the player character development element that is affected by this Auto-Level feature. In every single RPG I have played, I have been able to level up and start a character from scratch and work to continuously develop it to anything I want - this is what distinguishes RPG's from any other genre. Character development is what immerses my attention, even if the storyline is more or less than good. In order to enjoy the endgame content, you had to work to get there, and it made it that much accomplishing and noteworthy to be able to partake in said content.

Deciding to put forth a method to automatically skip through nearly every level is a slap in the face to not only every single player that worked hard to get there, but also to any true RPG. AL should take the RPG out of MMORPG, its not an RPG anymore. Instead of fixing the problem with the boring pre-endgame gameplay, you decide to literally just skip over it. There are loads of alternatives you could've used, but now, 90% of the game has been ruined. Character development in AL is now a sad joke, and everything i worked for is now purchasable for 150plat..

AL now stands for Auto Level.

Thanks
    -An Angry Gamer

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post: