Frankly speaking, I don't know what's going on with this system. I consider it as a fail. Why?

Firstly,there are too many kinds of jewels(armor, MP, HP, crit, damage, Int, Dex, Str) and too many jewels needed to craft one ultimate jewel. It results at least 3^7*8=17496 jewels to be farmed to get one noble jewel.

Secondly, there are no reasons for MP, HP and armor jewels to exist if they provide the only stat. Recall what you have done in the old content. Grand reinforced gem provides +5 primary stat and + 25 armor while noble diamond jewel only provides +25.6 armor. Grand necroplis cursed skull provides +70 mana and mana steal on lv 16 gear while noble water jewel only provide +96 mana. Noble nature jewels provide less hp than elondrian gems on lv 41 gear too. They are all drawbacks to the original gems.

Lastly, what will happen to the energy essences when event comes? It will drive players to buy energy either in auction house or with plat because it is even more harder to get one crafted energy. Ursoth event is at the corner. It really needs changes.

They are all my personal opinions. Any constructive discussions are welcomed.