Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Hey STS, It's Time For An Integrated Arcane Legends Wiki!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Lightbulb Hey STS, It's Time For An Integrated Arcane Legends Wiki!

I came to the blindingly obvious conclusion that Arcane Legends is in desperate need of a wiki when I attempted to create help guide which listed all of the arcane legends achievements. The list was long and not very readable and I wanted it to be easy to read.

So, I spent a few hours researching how to stylize my post using the extremely limited methods afforded by the forum software used here. It was a success... until I hit the 60k character limit, not because it was a wordy post, but because the software counted otherwise-invisible the style code I was using to make it look halfway decent! #facepalm *#%@#!

Frankly, a forum is a horrible, terrible, no good very bad format for storing helpful information, facts and guides pertaining the game.

• Player guide posts are listed in chronological order, so a casual browser who doesn't want to spend more than a few moments on anything will give up almost immediately.
    • You're losing forum readers frustrated by having to dig and dig and dig just to find one little tidbit on how to do anything.
    • The forum search function is about as useful as cutting steak with a spoon.
    • Encouraging players looking for info in-game to "visit the forums" isn't as professional as steering them straight to a user-friendly wiki.

I would suggest installing a professional wiki mod for Vbulletin 4.22. I did some research and I found a stable, well supported mod called VaultWiki. Feel free to research other options, but VaultWiki features seamless integration with Vbulletin, so existing users don't need to sign up for anything new. It appears to be the best option for STS, all things considered - low upfront cost, low learning curve, low maintenance, and low overhead if you allow us eager players to be the editors like you already do in the player's guide section.

I hope you agree it's high time to give Arcane Legends the professional wiki it deserves. Contributors and info-seekers alike would be happier players for it!
    Last edited by Niixed; 07-09-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Niixed For This Useful Post: