Thread: Looting Arcane and Mythic on Lock crates is not the same as before

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i think those suggesting to scale old elites are referring to all elites, not just the ones currently scaled (shuyal, planar tombs, tindrin, glintstone mines). So brakenridge, ydra, dead city, kraken, & nordr elites would also be scaled to level cap.

Serancha made a sound proposal about this on another general discussion thread (sorry i can't make a link on the STS forums app, but it's well worth finding and reading.) Dalmoney has made a similar suggestion earlier as well and there is a very interesting discussion between them in the thread i just recommended.

Sorry this isn't quite on-topic as to the OP but but i just wanted to clarify what people mean when they say "scale old elites". It is relevant however as to what will keep the game alive and interesting.

Last season it seemed to me there were two different games...an upper class with extreme stats and middle class with decent, viable, strong stats..i didn't expect to able to attain an arc ring or nekro, the shard and fossil were too difficult to obtain. But i worked on my gear, upgraded my mythic armor, super gemmed my talismans, and built up my stable thru the very good event pets. The planar pendant (essetially an arcane level item) was a great system and I'm happy to have achieved that. Now it's great to to have been able to craft nekro for my mage, buy maridos for rogue, & craft an arc ring for both. After all, i farmed the parchments for nekro so a fossil should be within reach or the parchments quest is pointless. I've been an active player since since tarlok (dec/13).

the gap in gear/player division was too large last season.

As for the OP and the excitement of looting an arcane, i opened a bunch of crates i farmed during a double odds for mythics/arcanes weekend last year. Looted a singe egg. it was pretty exciting. worth about 16-18m at the time. about the same as a full grand elon gun which is what i traded it for. eventually i could've farmed up enough for the elon as I've made a more off farming/merching from events but still the prices for top end items were too high, too exclusive. eventually i got myth daggers for rogue cause the bows were too pricey. (and i have a twink which sucks up gold--not complaining tho, the daggers are awesome ) i just plateau-ed at a point with lack of options for farming. So the new system is better in general i think. the best items should be obtainable thru in-game work. farmable items like dragonite bars or arcane parchments should allow the active player to accessibly purchase their crafting compliments in the auction house.

I would caution people about using "us and them" constructs such as plat vs non-plat or veteran vs non veteran. such schemes oversimplify.

having said that, veteran players are an important voice and i have gained so much knowledge about the game through their many contributions to these forums.

hopefully the game will thrive it's what we all want. Peace, cheers and gl out there!
    Last edited by kananaskis; 07-25-2015 at 02:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kananaskis For This Useful Post: