I totally agree with Candy. At the moment there is really nothing to farm and really no challenge in elite bracken, ydra, dead city, kraken nordr and shuyal (that is in total about 30 maps!).
The problem I see with the little "bites" u mentioned Remi is that they always become the by far most profitable place in the game. So as we all like to make gold the whole community focuses on that small piece of content. In my opinion this creates two major problems: The 1st one is, as u said Remi, new content is consumed really fast. The 2nd issue is that it is borring to run the same few maps all the time.
This said revitalising the old maps should be something to work on all the time. But sadly at the moment they aren't even scaled! I don't know how much work this is but please, take the effort! If these maps are scaled small stuff can be added from time to time. For examle having a rare vanity drop or a new pet drop (personally I would love to see a Kelvin with improved stats:3) in one of these regions would already be enough to give us a reason to farm there. I am sure there are many possibilities. The next step then could be to link new content/quests to old elite maps (like it has been done geniously with the planar pendant).
So again: Please. Please. Please scale the old elite maps.

regards
fatalla