Just for fun, I decided to extrapolate the current experience point (XP) curves (1-55) to see how painful the next update to level 61 might turn out.

I ended up fitting the current curve to both a 4th order polynomial and to an exponential. In general, the 4th order fit tends to underestimates the XP needed and the exponential overestimates, so they serve as a lower and upper bound.

I plotted both curves out in the figure below along with the current (new) XP Curve. You can see the large spike currently at level 55 to reach level 56 in blue.

Assuming that PL does not change the curve, you can see that to get to non-elite level 81, it will take somewhere between 50,00 to 90,00 XP points!
Here is a table of the values. Assuming a 10x elite level factor, itwill take somewhere between 123,000 to 133,000 experience points to reach elite level 61! That’s roughly 50% more XP needed then the current elite level 56.

Remember, these are just estimates based on the current XP curve, not any official numbers!