Well the controversy of the Big Luck hat is been going out of proportion, but it got me thinking. We could use all the current vanity hats from the store and devs could make them craftable. The idea you buy a vanity hat (5-10 plat) of your choice of looks. Then you farm or buy a recipe form the CS and get the ingredients for it and craft it to a specific bonus. Hats should not be tradable because you buy them with plat and hooch hats should be the exception and from my perspective should not be craftable or not tradable if crafted.

The idea:
Add a bonus to one of the vanity items currently available or make a crafting recipe for vanity items to add one bonus to one item. Recipes could become available at anytime farmed form end-game bosses and only 1 bonus can be added per item. This way you could wear any vanity item you purchase with a specific bonus this means no clones and they should be super rare and hard to craft.

Bonus for vanity items could be as follow and they should be a lesser version of existing elixirs or bonus and they should not stack with elixirs, a lesser speed, a 1.5 exp, a luck one like the new hat, a 10 damage one(this should be restricted to a level or upgraded as level goes damage could be 2 for lower levels and increase depending on it), armor and some others that you might think off. Bonus could also be based on a percentage so they will increase depending on gear and level but should not become overpowered.

Also there could be another category of rings that could grant you some type of bonus.

Pros:
- No clones you decide what to wear
- Make the game more interesting
- devs could use the increase plat purchases.
- good for the economy

Cons
- some players don't like paying plat for gear. (only one I could think off)

Let me know your points of view and I will update the info and please no flaming I made this thread to see a different side of the big luck controversy and future development of the game.

Special Note:

Players need to realize that STS needs money to keep the game running (server maintenance) salaries, development costs and lots of other overhead and direct costs. It is not cheap to run a game like this if you go to browser MMO games (storm8 and similar) you will have to pay much more money to keep up with players. Pocket Legends is a very cheap MMO considering the amount of play time you get from it.