Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default predictions for the future...

Kiwo's thoughts on future Eco of Arcane Legends.

so, with Remiems announcement today about the Brood Lock Recipe,
    i figured i would go ahead and post my predictions.

her post for reference.

UPDATE

First, let me thank you all for bringing this to our attention and offering clear and constructive feedback on the situation. We know many of you worked very hard to collect those recipes, and certainly understand your frustration.

After some discussion with the development team, we will be reverting the Brood Locked recipes back to their craft-able state. This will go into effect in the next game update, Thursday 1/14. Ultimately, we determined that it would be best for the game and the economy to allow event locked crate recipes to remain craft-able even after the event ends. This means that we will also apply this to any future events, unless an item is specifically identified as "limited time" in the item description.

Once again, thank you very much for making your voices heard and working with us to find the best solution!

-Remiem

so, the Dev team bringing the recipes usefulness back, will in a sense, boost the current eco for a short period of time.

what do i mean? well, people will start to hoard rengols to make these brood locks. which will raise the price of all things "locked" rise. including the price of broods.

here is the scary part... this will all be temp...
    with brood lock recipes only being 10 tokens each, people were able to hoard well over 1000 on multiple toons. (i myself have seen this.)

how will this affect the long term eco? well, the eco will be flooded eventually. considering there is only so many brood locks that can be opened. due to there being a limited amount of plat buyers. all of which will not 'pop lock n drop it'. it is in my opinion that this will flood not only these brood locks onto the market, but also many of the new mythics... since brood locks are 2x mythic chance.

the eco will bloom only for a few weeks. taking into consideration the 4 hour craft time of these brood locks and the amount that is already hoarded.

this would not be such an issue if the recipe wasnt 10 tokens during the event.

i HIGHLY recommend that STS increase all future lock recipes to near 5x what they were during winter event.

this may not sound scary now, considering luck kits, rengols, broods, and all other things should rise. what then? i am actually scared as to the amount of mythic weps and eggs, and legendary belts we will see flooding in.

one option, that i feel should be included, is multiple recipes per lock.

not only will this reduce the amount of broods flooding the auction, it will also keep the brood prices up and rengol prices up, WHILE ensuring that not too many mythics will flood eco. this is just an option and an opinon. i welcome anyone else's predictions.

what STS decided today, was a quick fix. this matter should definitely still be looked into.

PS: if you leave any type of Drama inducing comment, or any flame over my opinion, i will ask a dev to remove. please post your opinions, but i want this thread to be kept at a very high maturity level. due to how serious this issue could become.
    Last edited by Justg; 01-08-2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Left justification for readability, yo