Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
Let's not talk about 2-3 years old weapons please . Game is completely changed in that time and most people playing the game now weren't around back then. Anyway most people don't PvP.

Since you don't play pve I will help you understand: if the changes you are asking for were to be implemented the staff would be extremely unbalanced in PvE, there will be no reason to even consider the gun as an option and 4 mage pts will be a viable option in all maps but arena
Good for mages. It's been that way for rogues for a while now. Let's have mages reign in PvE for a while. Also, the only reason the staff is OP in PvE is because of the dot proc. I don't see how a slight damage and crit boost will make runs significantly faster. A fraction of a minute, maybe. Dominating timed runs? No. From what I hear about the dot proc, the gun isn't an option in any map but ones where you basically 1 hit mobs, so I don't see the issue. Anyways, aren't arcanes supposed to be the best? In all aspects of the game? They always have been and I don't see why the mythic gun should be better than the staff in any way. If people are okay with having the next best weapon and saving gold, then let them go for the gun. If they want to pay a few extra million, but the staff. It needs a buff. Saying the gun will no longer be an option is how it should have been to begin with. Same with the bow. Look at the tank weapon. Glintstone mauls are no longer used. Aegis's aren't used much either.

And an example is an example. Saying that it's an old examples doesn't make it any less valid in this case. My point still remains. Buffs/nerfs usually come from necessity in PvP. There are entire lvls (1-43 in fact) dedicated to solely PvP, with the exception of 15, which is also dedicated to timed run banners. Saying people mainly PvE isn't entirely accurate.