Thread: How to Loot Set Items

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default How to Loot Set Items

So everyone thinks that this new set is very elusive and no one on the face of the planet even looted a single piece yet. The set is in fact in the Underhul dungeons, it is obviously 100% confirmed. Now I personally don't have a 2/2 set yet, but this thread is for people that don't know how to increase their chances of getting the set. So here is what you will need:

1.Luck Elixir/Combo Elixir
    2.Leprechaun Pendant/Jack Hellows pendant
    3.Arlorian Egg-Shell Band
    4.Maybe a lucky charm like a potato or something if you are superstitious
    5.Lots of free time
    6.Breaks

Ok so this will obviously take probably an all-day marathon of farming just to even loot a single piece of the set.

Now it is pretty obvious on why we need the luck elixir/combo elixir,luck pendant,and egg band. We need to re-roll

to increase the 0.001% chance of looting the elusive gear.Now in order to obtain the set item off a re-roll,you need

to be patient and don't forget to take care of any IRL business because that is first priority. Also don't forget to take

breaks from long periods of farming because you wouldn't be able to farm at all if you suffered from exhaustion.

(Not-So-Fun Fact:An MMO player actually DIED of exhaustion after farming for 72-hours nonstop so

please take care of yourself and take breaks.) Now here is how the re-roll for a set item works: We know that re-

rolling bumps up the rarity of loot by 1 tier (re-rolling on common gives a rare or re-rolling on a rare gives an epic

and so on) so we need to re-roll on a legendary. The odds that I would guess is the odds of looting a legendary is

probably a 2.5% chance on bosses and maybe a 0.25% chance on mobs. Now set items only drop on bosses so we

are only going to focus on the hypothesized 2.5%. So doing some basic math [50% (from egg-band,luck

pendant,and luck elixir combination) x 2.5% will be a 1.25% chance to loot a set item (1.375% chance if using a

combo)] those are some pretty slim chances,especially on bosses, which take like 10 minutes to reach. Since we

usually use luck elixirs, we will focus on the 1.25% chance and calculate how many set items we can possibly loot.

Since I mentioned 10 minutes per run, we will use that as reference for this. I already did the calculations and if

someone were to farm nonstop for 1 day straight (I do not recommend), it would be a 144 runs. After some

complicated math, I came to the conclusion that it will take approximately 55.56% to loot a single set item after 24

hours or 144 runs. Now that is a whole lot of farming to do. After doing some more calculations[100-

55.56=44.44,then 144*144.44%], it will take at most 208 killed bosses to loot a set item piece. That would take

about 34.7 hours at most to loot a set item piece. Anyways I hope this gave you a good idea of what you are up

against when you are farming for a set piece. Also if my calculations are wrong, feel free to notify me and correct

me.

Anyways,the overall summary of this post is to get your luck elixir as high as you can,farm a bunch, and take care of yourself and anything IRL.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 04-25-2016 at 10:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaziscate For This Useful Post: