Thread: On heavy randomness: The pain of creating the new Antignome Set

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Default On heavy randomness: The pain of creating the new Antignome Set

First off, I would like to stress that this thread is not about the drop rates of set items. I believe many others have written about that, and a dev pointed out that we are seeing so many molds drop compared to helms and belts because we farm Heston and Preston far more than we do the other two bosses. So, let's do all 3 maps when farming!

My gripe today is about the heavily RNG-dependent loot method of the armor and the pendant.

At the moment, it costs around 10m to craft an antignome armor. Certainly not cheap, not out-of-this-world expensive either. The catch, though, is that 10m is actually just a chance at 4 types of armor!

I understand the point of having 4 types, but why make it random? After spending 10m gold, I can still get stuck with one type whose stats I don't need. Yes, there's a bonus in Underhul maps, but that's about it. What if I'm not going into Underhul? What about doing pvp? I'll just settle for less-than the best stats even after I spent the money? On top of that, we still have to spend on jewels.

I know people loot the wrong type of untradeable amulet after spending at least 10m on chests. Atm, all that this has become, is a gold sink. People are taking time to farm for their items and to make money. For what? By the time we finally get the types of armor and amulet we want, the game would have moved on.

Looting the mold and the amulet is already based on RNG. Please think about making the armor type based on CHOICE. Have us at least choose whether we want int or str, or dmg or crit. A 50/50 chance is acceptable to me.

For example, have a dialogue with npc:

Well done, adventurer! You are now ready to accept your new armor. Tell me about your place in battle.

• I wield my weapons close to the enemy. (This will choose between the two str types, str and damage or str and crit)

• I take careful aim of my target from afar. (This will choose between the two int types, int and damage or int and crit)

Or:

• I wish to deal deadly strikes against the enemy. (Crit type)

• I wish to wound my enemy with heavy hits. (Damage type)

I'm not creative lol, but you get the picture. Of course, my example is for rogue armors. But the same can be done for warriors' and mages' armors too.

I'd like to add my thoughts on the frustration of players who have looted the wrong type of amulet. Can you please add an NPC that will allow us to trade in the wrong amulet + (500-1000) cryostar coins for the correct amulet type? This would keep the prices of both the Gold Heretic Chests and the Sack of Cryostar Coins up, supporting the heavy farmers.

Please consider this, as it is becoming more if a JOB to keep up with gear progression instead of enjoying the game. Thank you!
    Last edited by Ticklish; 05-03-2016 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Added thoughts on amulet

2. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Ticklish For This Useful Post: