Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding Warrior Weapon Itemization in Underhul

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    So i get the point why the new weapons are weaker then the old. but... why should someone buy the new ones when the old ones are still available?
    This. if there's not single discipline where the new weapon is better than the old for whatever plausible reason, why do you expect players to happily spend money on crates for it?

Quote Originally Posted by ilmercenario View Post
    Yes ardbeg, it can have a use in pve, thx to the stun etc, but isnt aegis still better? Then another thing, did u try the sword in pvp? It never proc nd when it does, have a really ridiculous dmg like leggendary sword compared to old one, thats all i can say.
    I always prefered the Aegis over the arcane sword, because i never liked running around like a headless chicken and trying to proc lava sprouts. But the new arcane weapon let s me exactly control when and what to stun, and that is a big thing for me. Combined with jugg you can disarm all beetles and help your group a lot. if you have only one weapon, choose the old aegis, but as a second choice or for offtanks in a 2 tank party it s really a great adddition. I don't pvp, so i can t comment on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    i only find the corrupted blade mildly to moderately useful. I wouldn't go as far as saying highly useful. Perhaps its because I run with 3 attack skill and jug without any heal. I just finding auto attacking with new arcane blade and then getting death grip and then charging auto attack over and over makes the runs too slow. I also find that you don't aggro mobs as well and don't protect your team as well. Though it is cool to stun mobs and banish mobs/bosses but it slows down run alot and does not protect party as well as aegis. I would rather run with aegis, aggro all mobs, spam mad pots and protect party. I guess its a toss up to use new or old arcane blades at boss.
    I usually run with 1 tank, 1 rogue, and trying to run with two mages these days (since the hexstaff came out). I don t have to try to focus on aegis proc in this constellation anymore, but the taunting is what i need. I heavily rely on hor and have a mastery of 10 in it, so i can have extra armor for the party. Overall, i think the damaging days of tanks are over, but i am really happy to be able to stun on the point. Of course this is dependent from the setup and the team but it works very well for me in pve.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post: