Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why mages rushing and deflecting feedback on pvp balance?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    At least now the drama can move here and out of a thread made to discuss the problem.

So I'll add to it. XD

I've played Mage going on four years now. For 6 months I played a rogue because literally there was no other choice - even Tanks were quitting to play rogue. Why?

Because the Rogue class dominated EVERY aspect of the game. It took Mages 2 years to get buffed, Tanks took over a year. So the rogues need to just chill. There is an acknowledged problem with the Rogue class. It's OBVIOUS STS is working on it.

In the meantime, relax, this is a forum, not a PvP arena. Do what we mages did til it's fixed : try different tactics, different builds, etc. What used to work, clearly doesn't anymore.

Oh, and you can always run away lol

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    Thanks for the reasoned reply. I agree that STS is working on rogues right now and the current direction appears positive.

I would like to point out that so many opinions have been voiced, yet none of those opinions have been proven right or wrong because nothing has been tested yet. For every nerf or buff, counter-strategies and builds have been created by players. You are reasonable in suggesting that people should change their style of play to suit the adjustments being made. For that matter I will say that most rogues who know their stuff in PvP have already adjusted their style of play to try to accomodate our decreased survivability. Yet so have the other classes, and currently what we do is not enough.

You say rogues have to adapt to survive. We have only 5 viable skills for PvP. Don't tell me shadow storm shot or traps can be used in PvP. There has already been an elaboration by me on why shadow veil is useless in PvP. We are then left with the usual five skills that most if not all endgame rogues spec for: aimed shot, noxious bolt, shadow pierce, combat medic, razor shield.

It is too taxing to break down each skill and tell you in detail about the upgrades and masteries and their usefulness. But I will summarize: there is only so much rogues can do with regards to PvP skill builds. Which is why we are the easiest class to play, at the same time the most predictable and least adaptable.

There have been many many things said by both rogue and non-rogue players about how to adjust class balance to better accomodate rogues in PvP. Many rogue ideas have been shot down. I do see that some suggestions may result in extreme rogue buffing and are not feasible. However others have merit yet still non-rogue players continue protest. I would contend that in asking us to adapt you are yourselves refusing to adapt should there be a change that alters the dynamic in PvP away from the style you are used to playing. You have played for a period of time, enjoyed relative dominance and when something is done to threaten that dominance and asks that you adapt, you protest. When you ask for players to adapt, you must yourselves be prepared to do the same.

I hope everyone recognises that as Ireliaa said, we need a period of time in a sandbox environment where changes are tested without realtime consequences. Have a period of time where KDR is turned off again, implement some of the more reasonable changes mentioned so far and see how things go. People might be surprised at how things turn out. I hope the devs can do this for us soon before the war of words drowns out all of the positive ideas that have come out of this discussion so far.
    Last edited by Safiras; 07-23-2016 at 09:55 PM.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post: