Thread: Stop asking mages to heal in PVE!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by resurrected View Post
    Its quite possible. I myself with my rogue in cap 41/46 used 10-15k in week. I was extremely farming planar tombs and arena. ( holidays free time )
    I meant that it was spread through quite a lot of time. It's normal for all classes to spend money on potions, and over time it's obvious that it's going to add up.

Let's put it like this, mana loving rogues: if you were a mage, would you like to use heal to save the rogue 3 mana potions, just so you can desperately spawn health potions, likely die and use an ankh or miss out on the loot?

Say you're in Somberholt, you won't get the potential pink drop, will miss out on all the rank points, will slow down the run and potentially even miss out the boss, because rogues are so fast at killing bosses and don't really wait for the mana healing mage if he's too slow... (in pugs. You'll piss off your party players too if they have to wait for you while the boss whacks at them at 10% hp)

Say you're in Arena at lvl41-46 cap and you're a mana healing mage. Arena bosses deal heavy damage, and as soon as you use heal - you're dead. Now what? Use an ankh (2k) because you said the rogue 3 mana pots (15g)? Or respawn for free, and slow down the run (and missing the Arena chest if you didn't realize it was the last boss!)? Or stare at the death screen till they finish fighting for you (now useless)? What was your contribution to the fight? 3 mana pots? That's all mages are for? Of course, you could heal in the 20 seconds between a fight and another, but not using it at all DURING the fight would be a waste of a skill slot (this applies to all maps).

Say you're in Planar Tombs during 41-46. You're going to get wiped by the mobs there as soon as you use heal because, well, Planar Tombs was no joke back then. Then you're going to respond for free, and if there's no other mage the mobs will no longer be stunned... Meaning the remaining 3 people there (including the mana loving rogue) will receive considerably heavier damage, meaning they'll have to use more health potions (which cost more than mana potions omg o

So, as a Mage, will you still be using heal in hard maps? >.<
    I'd rather take shield, wouldn't you?
    Last edited by Vvildfire; 11-14-2016 at 03:07 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vvildfire For This Useful Post: