Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Content Update (57007)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    If I wanted my spells to be queued, I'd go play a bunch of other boring unimaginative games. I understand STS felt there needed to be a fix to certain aspects of the game, but dragging it's uniqueness down and rep for speedy game play if you wanted and only had a few minutes, just to add in a huge altering factor that makes it more like all the other games, was a questionable decision in its approach.

PvP does seem better...win. PvE not so much...fail. I can adapt, but it doesn't mean I think it made the game better for the reason (PvE) that I play.

I like everything else about the update, minus the failjoin button, but not a fan of GCD in its current 0.5 second state, and they seem hell-bent on keeping it there instead of exploring tweaking it down.
    I can see where you're coming from too, I get those moments when I just want something quick and on the go.

Hopefully they'll add something that will cater to those needs. My guess is they will nerf mobs/bosses somehow, to speed it up. I don't know about them adding a VL type of map, since that'll just put the whole campaign to waste, IMO.

I think I read an interview or the presentation of Cinco somewhere, in one of those game conferences, that he said that STS learned that a balanced PvP is more important than a balanced PvE. I could be wrong, don't quote me, I seem to remember reading that. I'll try to dig it up.

Edit:

Found it :

"However, Barnes admits that the team made a key mistake when it came to Pocket Legends' PvP gameplay: It focused on PvE first and then tried to tack on PvP later. Trying to balance PvP after the fact became extremely difficult, which is why Spacetime decided to focus on PvP first in design for all future titles."

Taken from : http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/03...n-pocket-mmos/

http://www.blogcdn.com/massively.joy...03/pocket4.jpg

And

"Something Spacetime Studios defintely want to do differently in the future is the way they approach balancing the game. Pocket Legends’ PvE gameplay got balanced before PvP – under the assumption that PvE is more important to casual gamers than PvP it sounds logical but according to Barnes this was a huge mistake. Balanced PvP is critical and now has priority over balancing PvE content. Experience tells us that from a player’s perspective imbalanced PvP is considered unfair and frustrating while imbalanced PvE – to a certain degree – is a tough challenge and it can even be rewarding to beat the AI as the underdog."

Taken from : http://www.icopartners.com/blog/archives/2102

Both are pretty recent too.
    Last edited by Ellyidol; 04-14-2011 at 06:03 AM.