Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.1 Client Update (57072)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wamphryi View Post
    Everyone has an opinion on the release. Well here is mine.
    -GCD is horrible (yes even in its current configuration). The game isnt "harder" persay...its slower. If GCD had been in since the beginning I would not have continued playing, I would not have ever spent a penny, and I certainly would not have PL installed on multiple devices for my wife and myself. The game no longer feels like a casual mobile game that I can take 5 minutes or 50 minutes to hop on and do a quick run on.
    People say give it a shot...I have...but a pile of garbage is still a pile of garbage no matter how big or small the pile is. If the devs want to limit their target audience (and thats what I feel this update has done), then hey...GCD is perfect for what they want to accomplish (a year latter....poor development and planning. In my industry we would have called that bait and switch but...this is a "game"). But for what the game has been, its a major step in the wrong direction that will certainly cost STS customers. No, I will not "grow accustomed" to GCD...for what I want out of a mobile game and what PL was advertising itself over the past year....PL is no longer that application.
    I think a side effect from GCD is there will be more people will less money, top equipment will be even more out of peoples price range. Why...because we are going to make less gold and spend more on pots.
    -Platinum rev option. This needs to be optional. Why dont you just make a "platinum" version of the game that lets people do this for free but charge extra $$ to buy in the marketplaces. Maybe some people have cash to blow buying platinum and using this...but many dont. Alot of people have to watch how they use their platinum and the implementation of this option will cause people to not be able to afford other options. If you want extra revenue...why not take the time to implement things like more faces, or the ability to "color customize" equipment. I bet you would make alot more money on something like that.
    -Fart pack..cool on a lowbrow humor level but really? You filter everything out that could be offensive to people saying that children play this game...but you put in this? Its good for a laugh, but in the overall grand scheme of the way you have been conducting business the past year. Did the company direction change? Personally I had fun with it, but again in the overall direction/history of STS.....
    -The "double logout" is redundant.

-Faces are cool
    -Character creation and tutorial great
    -Emote pack 3 good
    -Quest option great
    -Joining game thru friend fix...bingo.

There really was more good than bad items done in this release. But the bad far outweighs the good......more than exponentially.

So yeah this is just my opinion. Some of you may agree, some wont....but its my opinion.

The devs do good work...but I cant say that with some major points on 1.7.1.
    I wont be "ok" with a game I have come to truly enjoy, or "learn to live with it".
    This was well said i finaly found a way to play and still enjoy the game.
    Still hate the gcd and its far from perfect, its acceptable now.
    Last edited by cynic; 04-16-2011 at 08:04 AM.