Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A strong message to the AL PvP community

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Exclamation A strong message to the AL PvP community

I came across this in a thread in the PvP section. I feel it needs to be seen by those playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceval View Post
    I wouldn't say Purge has a top team because I recognise the majority of AL PvP players as skilled players. This recognition is linked to their relentless ability to keep playing regardless of their gear, ping and possibly even real life circumstances. These are people that actually enjoy the game, therefore, I refuse to dismiss them. PvP in AL is an extremely toxic environment because: some refuse to accept these players like I do, some have high expectations of themselves so when they suffer defeat; they feel the need to insult others and some just have really ridiculous ego's, which are (in my opinion) beyond all reason.

"Self-proclaimed Pro" is a title bestowed upon me by people who hate that I have no need to overexert myself to give them competition. Those who hate that I'm just a student occasionally coming online, trying to enjoy what PvP in this game has to offer.

I went on holiday to a country where internet connection was not as good as back home. I was averaging ping of around 300+, with spikes to +/- 1000 almost every few seconds. This ping was from using the best data provider the country had to offer. Regardless, I still managed to enjoy PvP, although, I did need to adapt because skills would miss etc. If I tried to play as I do back home.

When you truly experience what others could possibly be experiencing, it really changes your heart and opens your mind to how you see other players in PvP. But in reality i have always been the one who is insulted first. Someone who mocks others may be someone who is always frustrated with their ping, so when they manage to triumph over those with the best ping for gaming, well; they would probably be ecstatic.

These are possibilities. Just because you play with +/- 100 ping doesn't mean everyone does.

I can retaliate to insults but I refuse to be the one to instigate such.

Once again, I don't consider myself to be above anyone else because I always consider the possibility of anyone I'm playing against having such handicaps.

I believe the AL PvP community should too.

- Temzy

For the person that asked to see a clash between Purge and Castle's top team, I'll just say all Purge members can be found PvP (that's 120+ players). But I am yet to see more than up to 10 of the 80+ Castle members in PvP so this may be what you're looking for in their case:

https://youtu.be/vzwXnNpAaD8

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Breakingbadxx For This Useful Post: