Thread: Classification for mausoleum LB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

I'm not sure you understand the basic concept of independent variable. Fair has nothing to do with whether some players can have OP gear and run maps. That's an independent variable that's inevitable - gear will always affect stats and will affect dmg which will affect rate at which mobs die. That doesn't suddenly mean you should introduce another variable —*random maps —*and say that hey since it's already not fair let's make it more unfair! That type of logic doesn't hold in even the most basic sense.

Fairness of opportunity is one thing. People have the opportunity to get gear. That's always been a concept. This isn't communism where every player deserves the best gear. "Little bit of luck" You're saying that you should literally make timed runs have 0 skill and just based on whether you have a good map.

Overall, I find your idea rather fatuous and frankly quite terrible. Also if you think that gear is everything (I agree now it's becoming a bigger part of timed) then ask any high gear person to get a timed run. It seems to me you're just salty that you don't have a chance of getting a timed run since you're not willing to put in the time/money or even effort to get it.

In essence, no game is ever "fair" —*to use the concept as you're using it makes little to no sense. Tell me a multiplayer game in which the game is your version of fair —*i.e. everyone has the best gear, everyone has op everything etc. See how silly that sounds? To make AL fair then, STS should redistribute the wealth proportionately so that every single player has the same amount of wealth and assets, even those who are level 2 and didnt put in any effort into the game yet. Please think a bit more.
    Last edited by wowdah; 02-22-2018 at 05:28 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles