@ OP if you think reducing gold from maus will impact any of these zillionaires who manipulate the market then you are wrong.
@ Thread: No events are not gold sink, if you are implying to top 10 lb runners then yes they spend plats and gold on energy. But then they make gold out of the goodies that they get from LB. Even if they dont its just a condition affecting 1% of the player what about the 99%. For all you know people make more gold in events.

Sts screwed up big time here, they forgot to design caps for elements that affect economy and game. Now all the decisions they make only affects the middle class - be it events, gears, vanity, etc. The rich don't mind buying anything they want for any price, and the poor cant.

I mean they are telling a new player - that the way to get enough gold to beat the end game is to get to endgame and buy gold loot items.
The new player is like, but I don't have gold to buy gold loot items.
They go: Start merching, do offers get plat and then liquidate. Sell everything from event, ..etc etc. Use this guide on gold making.
New player: Is this game about making gold and selling stuff? How to be a business man?
Do you see how stupid that sounds... And then they complaint there are so many beggars and scammers. Oh well, what were you expecting?

The problem is people got used to bad economy, and now they think this is the way it should be. And the reality is, it will stay this way, no point making threads and crying over it, as this is not the 1st thread.

Its the developers job to seek the issues and fix them before it causes inconvenience to its consumer. Its their responsibility to understand the issues based on the stats they have. I don't see them taking any initiatives towards stabilizing the economy, so perhaps it is fine. Who knows, certainly I don't.