Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Default Functional Taxation System

This thread will consist of the following:

- Opening Remarks.

- The idea that stumbled upon my mind.

- Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works.

- Reasoning of the idea.

- Possible Problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's.

- Closing Remarks.

================================================== =

{Opening Remarks}

Hello there!

While we all anticipate for the Expansion, I have observed that the people where reasoning about how the economy would be after. Topic's such as nerfing Somberholt, adding tax within the trade window and etc...

Those issues made me figure out a method of how the WHOLE COMMUNITY would think tax will make sense now.

So, I will be deliberating about a Governmental related matter that I assure most of you, the community as whole, and the Dev's would concur.

{The idea that stumbled upon my mind}

This will be a new thing for Arcane Legends, but something that we're doing eversince in real life that seem to work.

Straight to the point, Introducing a government like system in Arcane legends. Have you ever wondered where those auction tax goes? Pretty much all where just liquidated and not put into good use, in real life situations, they would call it corruption. The act of stealing money from taxpayers, using money from taxpayers that dont benefit them.

So how about unlocking more features, Guildhalls, alternative systems etc... Once we hit a certain Tax amount to fund that feature to be established to the game.

{Design / Interface of the idea and the way it works}

To summarize this. In this category, we'll be tackling some possible questions, and the answer afterwards, and the way it works.

Basically, the way this system works is using the tax, that the auction has collected from all players using the Consigment store, to fund project's like new establishment's in town's that would benefit everyone. The poor or the rich.

The thought of this would be a Project Board, to see how much collected tax to fund that project, for example the Project Board is a list of possible establishment's that could be built if the requirement's are met. Like we need a total of "500 Million" gold tax to build another Guildhall design. Another example is we need a total of "1 Billion" gold tax to re-design the interface of the Leaderboard and so on. Basically just like funding a project to build new road's for a city.

So where to see the tax collection?

It will be another Meter bar that collect's information such as, how much tax the community cumulatively has, and the Project Board of all possible Projects. And it could be placed in a new establishment located in new town's or old town's if they can still fit, or even in the Guildhall.

How to determine or choose which feature, establishment would be introduced once the project's has been funded?

It could be either a Democratic voting system for the community, or a Monarchy system that Dev's choose. In my opinion the Dev's choosing which, is the way to go as they are the one's that know how difficult implementing a specific project is.

What the Project list consist off?

You maybe asking what we'll get once they are funded and now introduced, and here are some of my ideas:

- New Guildhall scheme / design

- An establisment that temporarily lower's the Auction Tax for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

- Currency machine that let's you claim a type of currency ( except for plat and gold ) with a cooldown of 12hours.

- Another establishment that let's you craft/upgrade anything with 2x the speed that last's for 24hours, with a cooldown of "x" amount of days/weeks.

Note: this shouldn't work crafting energies, or anything related to an event.

And there is much more to add to this list.

What if we have already funded all the project's in the Project Board?

That's why we have the forum, specifically the General Discussion section, to bring in new idea's and a Dev to look after it. And later on updating the Project Board with new set's of project's.

{Reasoning of the idea}

Not much to say here as you can clearly imagine that this is far better than your tax going to no where, and being wasted. And also this add's content + changing the way people look at tax, currently, people look at tax as a Luxury, that is why they chose street trading.

But with this system, they would at least now be more optimistic when listing thing's in the Consignment Store. And think that they're contributing to something which is good.

{Possible problem's to this idea and Rebuttal's}

In every idea, there are always some type of problem. So i will be stating some of possible problem's that could be a downside to someone's understanding. And Rebuttal's to fight against the problem's.

1.) Wouldn't the Auction be flooded with items? Leading to most being expired as it will be a tougher competition?

No, as our current system is already in this situation. That is why we have those people that sell in town's for a cheaper price.

2.) Wouldn't more trick scams take place? like listing similar named items, example of this is the Goblin Warrior's Shield and the Goblin Poison Cauldron being listed at the same price, and people being trick it was a cauldron.

Again, no it would not. In the current situation, this is happening every now and then with different items. Bringing this system will not change that, but will actually help the system more, to pledge the gold to fund the projects. So this isn't really a problem.

I couldn't think of anymore downsides to this idea. But if u do, kindly state it on the comments, and will try to form a rebuttal.

{Closing Remarks)

If you happen to reach this part of my thread. Then congratulations! You didn't die from boredom when reading. Just kidding.

Now leave your thought's, and constructive feedback. Will also stay tuned for your opinions about problems/downsides of my idea, while trying to make a rebuttal against it.

Goodbye and more ideas to come!

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauitri For This Useful Post: