Thread: Could Hydra map please be addressed?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

Default Could Hydra map please be addressed?

I recently capped to 71 and decided to try to new maps.

Infested:

Great - I love the style and difficulty level and his varied attacks (except the slight issue with the colours). This map is popular and always filled quickly with random players for PUG, or guildies asking for runs.

Hydra:

I decided I joined the map and waited for some time during which the odd player joined and, less patient that me, left when they realised nobody was coming. I then (naively) asked a fellow officer in my guild if he wanted to run hydra as nobody joining... At first he laughed at me and said nobody runs there, it's the map from hell and super glitchy. I was sure nothing could be that bad, and managed to persuade him to try and help me gain the AP with the help of a few guildies and some randoms who also joined. He is an account of what happened:

1. Each player dying, running back to group and managing 1-2 hits is lucky before being flung across to the other side and 1 hit unavoidably. On repeat for several minutes. Not an enjoyable or satisfying experience at all I thought - I can see why nobody runs here; you don't even have time to move or do anything before you die again. This alone is enough to make a rage quitter of the most steely nerved player and yet our group pressed on...

2. Our hit once, die, respawn run back, hit, repeat did somehow result in the bosses health getting down to half. Fair enough I thought - terrible experience but the AP seems achievable.

3. Little past half way the boss reset itself inexplicably to the centre of the map and full health. The previously determined group left one by one, presumably because who can bear the thought of carrying on only to have the same thing happen again??

Then very swift I told you so as we original 2 remained in the map ... And one can only lol. I can't say I wasn't warned >.<

This is such a wasted map - what a shame that of only 2 elites this expansion, one goes completely unused and avoided by all players.

Please can this map be looked at and revamped into a more pleasant player experience?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post: