Thread: LVL 20 PVP Dex Bear Guide

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default LVL 20 PVP Dex Bear Guide

I made this for a few friends before GCD was implemented, but same rules pretty much apply.

For any of you interested in twinking a lvl 20 bear, here is a quick guide on what's what. You are going to be ALL dex, no str here.

KITING GEAR
    Helm: Lvl 20 Sniper Cap (from plat pack)
    Armor: Lvl 15 Expert Leathers
    Weapon: Lvl19 Sniper's Autobow
    Ring: 2 crit, 10 dmg

TALON GEAR damage spec
    Talon: Lvl 20 Tinsel Talon
    Wing Lvl 20 Peppermint Wing (also sub out with a Lvl 20 Sniper Wing)
    Ring: 2 crit, 10 dmg

TALON GEAR tank spec
    Armor: Lvl 15 Expert Leathers (more crit) or lvl 20 Sniper leather (more armor) (from plat pack)
    Talon: Lvl 20 Sniper Talon (from plat pack)
    Wing Lvl 20 Sniper wing (from plat pack)
    Ring: 2 crit, 8 armor

Launcher dmg spec
    Bow: Lvl 20 Launcher
    Ring: 2 crit, 10 damage

So gear may be obvious, but skills are the most important. I can beat beat people unbuffed simply because of Hellscream. Here is the skills you want for most of the builds above. I tend to go heavier on iron blood and less on crushing blow, when I'm kiting.

Rage - 6
    Hellscream - 5 (or 6)
    Stomp - 3
    Crushing Blow - 3 (or 2)
    SMS - 1 (or 0)
    Iron Blood - 1

What to do:

Step 1: approach your opponent, pop off iron blood and rage. (You may be thinking that lvl 1 iron blood is useless, but at lvl 20, 8 armor is a big deal) This small armor buff is only to keep your defense slightly up before you unleash Hellscream on them.

Step 2: HELLSCREAM. This will determine if you win or lose the fight. If you miss your first hellscream, chances are you are toast, especially vs another bear. The skill has 8m range, which is pretty significant. Get this range down and you will get the drop on your opponent before they can unleash on you. Lvl 6 hellscream does a -30 damage and hit% debuff. Chances are, once you get that off, they will be missing you left and right. You will continue to spam this skill whenever its up, and your opponent is in range, for the entire fight.

Step 3: Crushing blow. Hopefully you got off your hellscream, which means it's time to makes your opponent even more useless! Get in range and drop this bomb on them. Now that's -60 damage they are dealing now, factoring in the hellscream as well. If you go lvl 6 Crushing, it can debuff -65 damage alone, which is sickening. It's not wise to rely on this skill though. If you invest heavily in this and miss, you are going to lose.

Step 4: Stomp. After Hellscream and Crushing blow, they should be in pretty bad shape. If you are using a Launcher, chances are they are frozen by now, go ahead and combo their butt with a stomp.

Step 5: SMS. This can be used wherever you see fit in your skill combo. It's a great dmg and stun slash, but I prefer using debuffs. If your opponent is already missing from HS, and has negative dmg on you, outputting more dmg and stun isn't necessary.

A note about step 2. This is the most important move you will make that will decide most of the duel. If you are vs a bear, keep a little distance so you can juke a stomp or hellscream. If you are dueling a mage or bird and do not have a crossbow, you CHARGE THEM nonstop. Do not leave any distance between you, especially for mages.

I have twinks from 5-35, so just ask if you have any questions on any bear builds.
    Last edited by BeardedBear; 05-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.