Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

LOL.... I did not know this thread existed....... So I guess i'll post something..... LOL........

Quote Originally Posted by Lunarpvp View Post
    after ydra forest there isn’t really a guide.
    Yeah... I'm leveling an ALT and even an experienced Arlorian like myself becomes easily "thrown off" or "lost" when trying to keep up with the story and quest lines... It kind of "discombobulates" me and leaves me saying to myself: "God... Time to take a break from this for a minute/today"..... I recently "just" completed the "smash the artifact" quest in Dead City (I was LVL 40 something at the time and already onto Tindirin).......

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    A linear story would help.
    "Ditto my post above"

Quote Originally Posted by thekragle View Post
    Now as a low level player you pretty much have to run solo which feels lonely and difficult.
    It's like I'm being punished for not having friends and creating parties!
    The early on "loneliness" can be very discouraging for new players because, with a complete "lack" of "Arlor Know-How", It's easy to feel "left out" and "like a nab that nobody wants to play with", which is a good way to lead to "DELETION"

Name:  3d72rhV.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  20.6 KB

LOL...........

Quote Originally Posted by Pxoo View Post
    at low level your mana is incredibly low. you need three mana potions for just one aimed shot.
    LOL...... Rogue needs a better mana option early on...... Nothing more frustrating than "skill attack combos" being "interrupted" due to a need to "replenish" mana.... GRRRRRR..... Another "thorn in the foot" that makes you say to yourself: "Have mercy..... Let me log off for a minute/today"...... LOL........

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    empty maps and no clear guideline on what to do could be the 2 keypoints.
    Ditto my first reply above..........

Quote Originally Posted by Majin View Post
    Biggest frustration is "Quest log"
    It won't tell exactly which area you have to run or missing. It will just throw you in related expansion.

Ditto my first reply above.......

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post

"But bro, the daily quests give you so much XP, you can reach cap in no-time" Yes, the daily quests do give a lot of XP. And yes, they are totally worth it. But after you complete them in 15-20 minutes, then what? You can either grind the same campaign maps for incredibly low amounts of XP, or you can log off, enjoy life, and come back the next day to do the same dailies, which would require you - as a completely new player unfamiliar with STS who chose AL over the many other MMOs on the market - to keep your interest in AL over the course of a couple of weeks until you can finally reach the cap.

So, in short, the journey from 41 to cap is very boring and does very little to prepare you for what lies ahead in the end-game content if you even manage to get that far.
    Yeah... While "mid game" and just leveling, after completing all the dailies, there's nothing really "going on" to keep you logged in, and even if you reach "CAP", there's so much going on with awakenings, relics, there's sets, arcane weaps. and rings, ETC..... Endgame/CAP might be too "elaborate" for "NEW" players.....

Before, you get your arcane weapon, your arcane or mythic pet, and some adequate pink gear and you could be good to go but, nowadays it's way too intricate and NEW players might feel overwhelmed by the "elaborate concoction" that makes up "THE CURRENT" gear setups/variations..........

LOL.........
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 12-17-2018 at 08:15 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment