Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The State of Pocket Legends in 2019

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burntoutdex View Post
    There are many good [bot] countermeasures on forums that have been suggested.

The best one made by a player, Draebatad, was to simply enter a randomised 2digit code upon hosting a gold-farming map. This would stop bots from gold farming entirely. His suggestion can be found in more detail here
    Thank you.

In the interests of stopping bots, I would like to see this implemented as originally suggested.

I had suggested to STS that this be used to stop botting on maps known for abuse, as well as on the event gold farming maps.

As a compromise of sorts, on these forums I limited that suggestion only to the event gold farming maps.

But I feel like it would be better off for the community in the long term to see the 2-digit random code query added to any maps that are known for or have potential for abuse by users who turn to macros to game the system.

So, this could potentially include Plasma Pyramid, Red Dragon Slayer, various Shadow Caves maps, as well as event gold farming maps, and if prone for abuse, the competition event maps themselves.

For the sake of our small but loyal community, it is very important that the game's terms of service be fully enforced when it comes to bullies/toxic players, scammers, and botters. The liability of allowing them to endlessly cause people to quit is just too much. There should be warnings and if they refuse to abide by the TOS, they should be given the perma ban hammer.

In regards to enchantments, perhaps just as a temporary trial run, it would be nice to see them made active in PvE zones only, along with elite rings being made L76+ and stat guns being made PvE only as well, just to see how the activity levels of PvP respond to those changes. If the response is positive, and the activity levels increase, and old players return to their favorite PvP twink zones, then we just might be onto something.

At this point in the game, I think a little trial and error is worth the risk to see what is truly better for and helpful to PL. No harm in a little tweaking to make everything just about perfect.

Links: Pocket Legends Reborn! /// PL Party Zone Discord Server
    Last edited by Draebatad; 01-23-2019 at 01:47 PM.