Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: In kind regards of the event!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default In kind regards of the event!

I decided to write this post only after the event, in order for it to be taken more like a feed-back than a complaint. I am also writing this post from the point of view of a LB runner since most of us spent more hours protecting Magnus than we spent in our own bed.

Firstly i would like to say that this wasnt an absolute disaster,as many people claim. The event had a great idea at its core, its just that it was "wrapped" in a not-so-good packaging.

Secondly i would like to take a shot at the mechanincs of the map itself, more specifically the timed cart. For us who spend countless hours delivering that cart, its a bit tilting to keep on waiting for Magnus and his Deary to move. Most of us could have run that map a lot faster since we are geared better than the average player. I think that the edge of being faster was taken from us.

Continuing i would like to adress one of the most contrivertial topics of the event. And that being the vanity set reward for finishing in top10. Dont get me wrong, I actually love the piece, its cool and they did a great job with it, but that only puts more salt on the wound since they made it lootable from mere crates....
    For everyone to understand OUR frustration better, let me throw some numbers at you. Lets pick the warrior class since that is the LB I personally ran.
    It took at least 175k points IN A WEEK for a warrior to enter the top10. Altho some of us had close and over 200k. The average run gives you 150-160 points considering you also lose some. Also because of the timer every run is set around 3 minutes. I will take my score of 195k as a benchmark.

This being sayd let me give you the facts:
    - top10 runners have protected that cart more than 1000 times ! Specifically 1258 times !
    - top10 runners have spent 3774 minutes in that map. Convert that in 63 hours! That is close to 3 full days of non-stop running!
    - top10 runners spent 9 hours MINIMMUM a day playing the game!
    - top10 runners killed over 60k mobs only in the event map!

Those are the numbers you would have to match to be at the very top, in my opinnion those are OTHERWORDLY as we also have a real life full of schools, jobs, kids,friends, SLEEP, and so on.

I am not blaming STS for making these numbers so high, because these are made by us, the players that run the event, and sincerely I wouldnt like to have it another way! Because those vanityes should be worn by ONLY those people that played this game like machines for 7 straight days. What i am pointing at as a mistake is the fact that they made the vanityes lootable! I think there is no greater frustration for a top10 runner than to see someone walking around in the same vanity that he lost so many good night sleeps for......
    Yes its true that you can say we dont run for the vainty solely, and we actually dont.
    We run for the thrill of seeing our IGN's up there, we run for the thrill of competing and testing our andurance against the people that we always meet up there. We run for all the people in our guilds that cheer us on and for every friend that is helping us. We all run so we can hear ONE sentence: "How do those guys do it?"
    Even when we knew that the vainty was not exclusive for us, we still spent countless hours on the event because its in our nature to do so, STS could have done at least something, a small change anything, since there would have been the same people with OR without changes.

I hope this would go down as a mistake and be addresed as a "DON'T" for future developements and ideas.

If you can relate or understand this post, give it a fat support and a thumb up, this game is here today because all of you! Let you voice be heard!

I will leave some screenshot as a memorandum of this event

Sincerely Cursedguy

Trimis de pe al meu SM-A530F folosind Tapatalk
    Last edited by panedorin; 03-22-2019 at 08:22 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to panedorin For This Useful Post: