Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Regarding ign

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Allset View Post
    I think a purge of player's names that have been inactive for over 2 years is a good idea & should be cleaned out. I don't really have a horse in this race. But if you clear the names set a few dates and just pin it up on announcements and release a few at a time. Regardless I think there should at the very least numbers added to names.
    Wait what? Seriously...? :/

What if player's are very busy with their lives or just don't want to play the game for like, let's say 3 Years.

And then they decide to come back to the game, and find out their name's had been cleaned out from them, for "Monetization"...there will be huge backlash and extreme outrage.

Why even monetize name's? just leave them as they are and ban the filthy cheaters who are selling IGN's for gold.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Imagine you haven't played this game for 2 years because you've been very busy with your life or you just don't want to play the game for the time being.

And when you return, all your names you've had just disappeared, and you end up being stuck with randomly generated names? how will you feel?

Please be honest, because this idea of punishing people for being in-active as they wish, is utter crazyness. And it might ruin the experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are just name's they mean nothing. Are specific name's on a video game the thing that will give you a confidence boost? Ego boost?

If so, i've got very bad new's for you.

If you guy's are trying to encourage Monetization for Name's! That the player's should have freedom choosing. Then you are trying to ruin this game and make it undesirable.

It will be the beginning of the end. You guy's are trying to encourage, us being milked for mere name's.

Imagine the amount of players leaving because of this. Imagine the insane backlash. Becareful what you wish for, it will bite back one day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: You say a "Good idea"? This is a really really bad idea, this will ruin the game for sure. There are consequences for these types of practices. @Allset

EDIT: With all respect, I'm sorry, if this sounds very harsh. But this is the truth. Please try to understand.
    Last edited by Flamesofanger; 05-01-2019 at 07:35 PM.