Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Expansion Feedback

Hello there,
    I have a few things to suggest and talk about this expansion.

First of all, the new town, Vardan Valley Towne, looks very good, there aren't any recolors, it reminds me of Brackenridge, but that's okay. The tents, unfinished houses and walls are beautiful and it looks like you invested a lot of time into it.

One thing I don't like at all is, that there is just a single map, the Mogera Lair. Yes there are a few other maps you can play, but those are restricted to portals that are open for 24 hours, which have to be opened again. What is the point of this? I would prefer to be able to enter any time I want to.

The next thing about the Mogera Lair I don't like is the design of the map. There are narrow paths without any space to the side through almost the entire map. There are a few small gemstones and vases which have been copied from graveyard and mausoleum maps on the way. Why does it have to be copied? It wouldn't disturb anyone if these vases weren't there at all. The map is very long, which annoys me, a shorter way with more open space like Shadow Plains or Rockhorn Summit would be more pleasant to play. The Mogera race itself looks well designed, but the brown of the map is painful to look at. This may be only true for me, but i hate the greyish-brown background of these maps, too. Couldn't we have something to look at there, which would make the map more fun to run?

The difficulty of the Mogera map is acceptable, considering it's just a normal map, but couldn't we have an elite version with good drops like arcane or heroic eggs, which are beneficial for aps, too? People have been asking for new dungeons like Planar Tombs or a new Arena Map for a long time, which could easily fit into this expansion, together with a few more maps? We need a reason to farm these maps and the way it is right now, I don't see any reason i would need better tbh and I'm playing with 3.5k damage as a rogue.

Since there is no reason to play the Mogera Lair and there neither is a good gold/egg/gear drop and the tokens aren't useful at all, I doubt anybody will run this map. The XP gain is below Festerfang Swamp, too and the design of the map is boring.

The temporary maps are a bit better to loon at, than the Mogera Lair, but not really pleasant either. The gathering system is something I really hated and I was sad to see you brought it back this expansion, I don't really want to gather anything, I want to have fun in these maps. Jord Skratch is a good idea as a boss, it is the best thing I've seen so far in this expansion. Protecting these houses isn't a bad idea either, but Skull-Dozer is rather a badly made boss, because he either kills you immediately when you don't know the mechanics or you just run away and he deals no damage at all and is killed rather easily. I don't really like or dislike the idea of not being able to respawn in these maps, so I won't say anything about that.

I didn't see the third extra map, which opens after farming these other temporary maps yet, but I don't have to, because these maps we have are disappointing and I doubt many people will play them, so it will take quite some time until it opens and I don't see any sense in waiting for extra maps as mentioned before, even though this map might be the only one I enjoy playing.

In general, I'm rather disappointed of this expansion, because nothing of it makes me have fun, while playing and i feel like working, rather than playing, while leveling there. I might even feel like I have some leisure time, when I'm at work after playing there, because I have to force myself to do it, instead of enjoying it.

I really loved the design ofKraken and Tindirin maps and the difficulty elite maps had at these caps, which isn't here in the slightest nowadays. Last cap farming Orrick and Hydra was a fun thing to do, this expansion I don't really have anything at all.

As mentioned before, a new Underground Arena like the one in Kraag, where you can farm your Nekro egg, or the planar pendant are missing entirely. Quests like these would be fun to have. Farmable endgame equipment, instead of gold would be a nice change, too. There isn't anything to try and bring PvP back, either. Instead, the new cap just separates players into more levels.

If there ever is a new expansion, please consider taking more time and add things players want and give them a reason to run these maps.

Sorry for the long read.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pxoo For This Useful Post: