Thread: This Sounded Really Cool To Me...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default This Sounded Really Cool To Me...

Just some in game features that would be fun to implement/challenge yourself with.

1. A portal at the beginning of each level that let's you jump to the boss. Taking this jump would mean bypassing all the mini bosses and enemies and fighting a super-powered level boss. I'm talking along the lines of a level 40 group trying to fight Cockroach. Doing this would grant a major XP bonus and some expensive loot. I believe that bosses dropping anything other than pinks and purples is ridiculous, but these super bosses would only drop the rare, expensive pinks, or (if the Devs so choose) some new, rare, awesome vanity items.

2. Random happenings from opening chests. When breaking a chest a random occurrence could happen such as a mini boss spawning and dropping some rare, only known to be found with them loot or getting a vanity item. Or they could grant a random team boost such as speed, armor, XP gain, etc. for a limited amount of time (kinda along the lines of the gold elixirs.).

3. An ultra rare, immortal, lucky to have seen it before it ate me, I survived and got the t-shirt boss spawning randomly in a town for a short amount of time. Let's say that an evil dragon is the right hand of whoever is trying to bring down Alterra. This dragon is sent out to towns to decimate the population. Some may get out alive but most will be caught and killed. If you managed to score some good hits it could drop some rare item (weapon, vanity, crafting) for you, but chances of that happening are slim. This boss would be found randomly at different times in different places doing what it does best--killing.

These are just the raw imaginings of my allergy hazed, nyquil drowsy mind. Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by NeoQueen; 06-03-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    Join The Movement-- itgetsbetter.org
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7skPn...e_gdata_player